why do you have the jerseys you have?

DGivens87

Lastly, when it comes to customizing baseball jerseys, I always stray away from getting popular players. The Red Sox are my team, and I have 3 customized Sox jerseys of Bronson Arroyo, former Sox INF Freddy Sanchez, and SS Orlando Cabrera. Everyone and their mothers has Ortiz, Schilling, Pedro, and Manny jerseys. I like to get guys who are not as popular.

For every one I buy because I like the look, I'd buy 2 because I like the team.

And for my favorite teams, I always take the obscure players (this area is saturated with McNabb and Dawkins jerseys, but I've never seen another Buckhalter) over the stars.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

All I've got is a Hasselbeck jersey, but I wish I had an Alexander or a Largent throwback (I can never seem to find anything Steve Largent, he's like the unsung hero of the NFL...)

for my football jersey, the only one i have is a Vinatieri one. I used to have the home jersey but after i got it autographed in 2002, i went out and bought the Alternate (dirty white) one. i also have the throwback version too. One of the main reasons i got his jersey was i wore 4 when i played football and plus no one likes to respect the kickers. but now they do lol

for baseball, geez i've got like 5 Sox jerseys. one is the old blue pullover with the two sox over the left breast. also got a plain home one...a plain St. Patrick's Day Jersey. one of my favorite, then i have a Derrick Lowe 3rd Jersey, and my newest one a Keith Foulke Away jersey. i like having the unsung heroes or the lesser known people who do contribute in their own ways.

I buy a lot of hockey jerseys...I've spent a good amount of money "ebay-ing" for hockey jerseys. I have the Team Canada 3rd(black w/ old style leaf), Marty McSorley 1980's Oilers jersey(road), an early 90s Kings, Saku Koivu home jersey, and currently I'm looking for a Paul Coffey or Dino Ciccarelli jersey(obviously I'm a Red Wings fan).

Sometimes I'll buy a jersey out of loyalty to a team (see England soccer, Arsenal, Canada soccer and hockey, Tampa Bay Buccaneers) or because I like the design (see Dallas Mavericks, Ottawa Senators road, Nashville Predators home).

Actually, aside from the design, I also got my Mavs jersey in Dallas at the American Airlines Center, so it's kind of a souvenir of the trip there.

obsessive compulsive disorder.  :rolleyes:

I consider myself a "good fan".

I guess I'm a FANATICAL fan. I probably have around 200-250 jerseys of all the major sports; baseball, basketball, football, hockey. Its a miracle my wife hasnt left me yet. HELP!!!! LOL :D

metslogo_215.gif

I don't have too many jerseys. But mostly I buy hockey jerseys. I got like 20 jerseys. I really am trying to collect all of the third jerseys. Besides thirds I try to collect jerseys from the 3 teams Pavel Bure has been on, the Canucks, Panthers, and Rangers. But I only have 2 Rangers and 1 Panthers jersey. Plus, I have all the jerseys from the various teams that I have played for over the years. Doesn't help that I don't have a lot of money cause I'm in college.

PavelBure2.png

Delaware.jpg

obsessive compulsive disorder.   :rolleyes:

I consider myself a "good fan".

I guess I'm a FANATICAL fan. I probably have around 200-250 jerseys of all the major sports; baseball, basketball, football, hockey. Its a miracle my wife hasnt left me yet. HELP!!!! LOL :D

It's getting to be an issue at my house as well...

I buy them for many reasons.

I buy them for teams I support, players I like, designs that really catch my eye, bargains that come my way, commemorate championships I enjoyed watching, events I have attended & rare styles both attractive and ugly.

For example, I have a Sergei Zholotk Latvian National Team jersey and a Minnesota Wild home jersey.

I have the throwback Blackhawks 91-92 jersey and the Scranton Wiles-Barre Penguins because I think they are really sharp looking.

I have a Minnesota Gophers game used road jersey because I could sell it tomorrow for six times what I paid for it.

I have a Martin Brodeur Devils jersey with the 2000 Stanley Cup Finals patch because I like the fact they won that year.

I have a Roloson Western Conference NHL All-Star jersey because he was a home town guy at the All-Star game I attended in person.

I have a Islanders Fisherman jersey because it's rare.

I got a Might Ducks Wildwing Alt because it's ugly! (and rare).

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I try to find a unique reason behind every jersey I purchase.

Sometimes it's a commitment to a favorite athlete (1989 M&N Falcons road - the rookie Deion, and a 1993 Russell Athletic falcons home - as authentic as it gets).

Sometimes it's school pride (2 Texas A&M-Kingsville football jerseys, one for NFL legend Darrell Green, the other for the greatest player in D2 football history, Johnny Bailey, and a Texas A&M-Kingsville home baseball jersey).

Sometimes it's a decision early in life to pay tribute to a team long-since gone (the St. Louis Browns - a 1953 home Satchel Paige and a 1944 road replica like the Orioles wore for Turn Back The Clock last season against the Cards).

Sometimes it's loyalty to the local team (an Astros Brad Lidge batting jersey and a Houston Gamblers home Jim Kelly jersey) or local ownership (red NJ Devils - owner John McMullen used to own the Astros, so I got on board with the Devils by proxy back in 1986).

Sometimes it's just a decision to stick with a team once you see the jersey and fall in love with it (like 5 different AC Milan shirts, including the Centenary).

And sometimes it's about a number ("my" number is 29, so I have a Sox Foulke alternate, a Twins Rod Carew, and the Satchel Paige).

I have a handful of others that don't fit these categories (like the SDSU Aztecs baseball, or Texas Longhorns baseball, or Richmond Spiders football), but there is always a unique story behind each one.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

And sometimes it's about a number ("my" number is 29, so I have a Sox Foulke alternate, a Twins Rod Carew, and the Satchel Paige).

Funny you metion that Bouj, cuz I actually have a few #81 NFL jerseys (Amani Toomer, Bethel Johnson, Terrell Owens (49ers) Rocket Ismail, and Perless Price) that I buy cuz 81 is my number (and because I was born in 1981)

Archived