Rockets new logo

Phil

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its still growing on me! My favourite bit is that there are 2 h's. The capital H made by the hoop, and a lower case made by the left rocket and the bottom of the R.I don't know if thats a purposeful thing but I reckon it looks clever!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

saintsfan, doesn't that second lowercase h appears everytime you print a capital R? ??? Anyway, it's grown on me a bit, but I'm still not a fan. I'll wait for the jerseys before I make my final decision.

One of the things I dislike the most is that the well defined speed lines. As much as I hate gradients in logos and jerseys, I think it looks better in the fans' mockups where they blur the speed lines slightly (like the left one bluemonkey posted).

And IMO, for some reason the silver on red works better than the red on silver background.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Well it must be pretty tough being a mascot for an 82 game season (41 home games) and then the playoffs! I guess having two takes the pressure of a little! Maybe it will start a trend and teams might employ two coaches, two announcers, who knows where it might stop :D

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Studying this god-awful abomination is like playing a "Hidden Picture" game in "Highlights Magazine for Children":

Let's see just how many letters we can find hidden in the Houston Rockets' new logo (Font!)...

Oh, look... there's an upper-case "R"! Yippee!

Hmmm... I spy an upper-case "H"! Golly!

Hey... isn't that a lower-case "h"? It sure is!

That hoop-y thing could be an upper-case "O"! Nice call!

R... H... h... O. What's it stand for, gang?

(All together now!)

REALLY HORRIFIC, huh? OBVIOUSLY!

Brian in Boston

when I see this logo without the text around it, it looks a lot better.  

The letters I see are HRB.  In other words, Houston Rockets Basketball.   They are out of order considering we read top to bottom, so it reads like Rockets Basketball Houston or Basketball Rockets Houston.

Wow, nitro, that does look close. I've seen the Quake 3 logo since the Rockets logo and didn't think much of it, but in the same colour, next to each other, there's definitely some striking similarities.
WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived