Toronto Towers

Braden

Everytime I look at your logo I like it...except for the perspective. It's just always seemed awkward to me looking up at the tower, but then having everything else just normal...even if they are just words.

I also prefer the first logo, but if you wanna incorporate some history into it, try running the center line through the script from the first logo, and maybe change the teal to that light blue.

One thing I just noticed: You have a blue outline around the word "Toronto". However, the only place you notice it is on the "O" in front of the tower. The outline disappears into the background for the other letters. What this is doing to my eyes is make it seem the "O" is popping out in front of the other letters. Does anyone else see this or is it just my old eyes? I don't have a great suggestion but perhaps something like eliminating the outline, changing its color, or adding a secondary outline. I am still liking this logo alot though.

LT

The more recnt image without the ball seems to look the best to me. To be honest, I've never been a fan of "Towers" as a sports team name in Toronto. Though tt was kicked about for the NBA team when the Raptors first started in town. Not a huge fan of the name, but I gotta admit, the logo is looking solid. I'll take the double-blue neon over the current Jay's font anyday.

HibsSignature.gif

Thanks go to Eddie010 for the Signature and Avatar. Nice work, mate!

Alright... I made the Towers logo a long time ago to help me land my CL franchise. Well, that was a long time ago, and while I thought I did a great job then, knowing what I know now.... I can do better. Plus, I'm uber-jealous of how good Pat's Champs identity looks and they're a co-expansion team.

So, I took elements from Toronto's short pro baseball history to create a new design and would like to get your opinions before I go further with the identity.

Just a reminder... this is the current logo:

Towers_old.gif

And this is the new concept:

Towers_new2.gif

I meant to pay homage to the old Jays look by editing a similar font... does it look like I'm ripping them off? The Baseball as the CN Tower is a little experiment.

It would be great if you could lemme know what you think.

Cheers

Nice!

untitled-6.jpg

It's looking better--and that's coming from an owner of another team named the Towers--the NABA's Calgary Towers (with a great logo SyPhi did for me...)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

The new one works much better. Your experiment with the CN Tower/ball works.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I like the first one better. I like the subtlety (sp?) of the baseball in the background and the intimidating look of the CN Tower overhead. Maybe using the font from logo #2 and using the image from logo #1 would be interesting?

I am visiting said tower and your fine city of Toronto for the first time in August. I am very much looking forward to it.

mainescarf.png

If you really want to make the baseball work in the new one, here's how to do it. :P First, add some shadow to it, then make the baseball the same color as the rest of the tower, which is a light grey. Then, make the stiching the charcoal grey color, and your baseball will subtly blend right in. I like the new text much better, but the shape of the shield is really strange at the bottom. I think the "curved triangle" would be a better shield here.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

If you really want to make the baseball work in the new one, here's how to do it. :P First, add some shadow to it, then make the baseball the same color as the rest of the tower, which is a light grey. Then, make the stiching the charcoal grey color, and your baseball will subtly blend right in. I like the new text much better, but the shape of the shield is really strange at the bottom. I think the "curved triangle" would be a better shield here.

I think these suggestions would look good - I would like to see them. However, that will leave the Maple leaf orphaned at the bottom of the shield as the lone piece of red forgotten in the bottom of the design. I am wondering if there could be a better usage of it...

Archived