Toronto Towers

Braden

Alright... I made the Towers logo a long time ago to help me land my CL franchise. Well, that was a long time ago, and while I thought I did a great job then, knowing what I know now.... I can do better. Plus, I'm uber-jealous of how good Pat's Champs identity looks and they're a co-expansion team.

So, I took elements from Toronto's short pro baseball history to create a new design and would like to get your opinions before I go further with the identity.

Just a reminder... this is the current logo:

Towers_old.gif

And this is the new concept:

Towers_new2.gif

I meant to pay homage to the old Jays look by editing a similar font... does it look like I'm ripping them off? The Baseball as the CN Tower is a little experiment.

It would be great if you could lemme know what you think.

Cheers

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

I like this ALOT. Great work.

If I had to make one adjustment, and this is being picky, I'd add some shadowing onto the baseball, to make it look a bit more spherical. But that's really making a minor tweak to it...overall this is a really nice piece.

I like that it's less busy--but I think the ball needs some tweaks so it doesn't stick out so much---

But it is better...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Excellent choice in fonts. By far my favorite part of the logo.

With the baseball, try to make it a little less realistic. I mean use less detail on the stitching, and maybe make it a little more symetrical. Also, I agree about adding a little shadowing to it. Also, where the tower meets the ball in the bottom and top it looks a little unfinished, probably because there is no line. Maybe take the navy outline that is around the logo and wrap it around the top of the ball, and around the top of the tower where it meets the bottom of the ball. It may make the logo look too segmented, won't be able to tell until its done, but I think it would work.

Nice job.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Excellent choice in fonts. By far my favorite part of the logo.

With the baseball, try to make it a little less realistic. I mean use less detail on the stitching, and maybe make it a little more symetrical. Also, I agree about adding a little shadowing to it. Also, where the tower meets the ball in the bottom and top it looks a little unfinished, probably because there is no line. Maybe take the navy outline that is around the logo and wrap it around the top of the ball, and around the top of the tower where it meets the bottom of the ball. It may make the logo look too segmented, won't be able to tell until its done, but I think it would work.

Nice job.

I agree about the ball suggestions. The vertical line of the tower and the symmetry of the design seems to dictate that the seams of the ball be centered as well. Regarding the seam detail, I would erase the actual seam line and just show the stitches (the "v" shapes) enlarged, perhaps twice the size. Otherwise I like how all the elements of this logo compliment eachother, right down to where the red of the seams on top is balanced by the red of the maple leaf below. Great original concept, and excellent composition of the design elements :notworthy: .

LT

Both are great Braden. I think the first one is better, but I would suggest placing the "Toronto" script somewhere that it doesn't block the key area of the tower. You know, the second one is making my hungry for some reason...... ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

I like them both. I agree on the previous comment that the ball stitching should be simplified to just the chevrons without the seam. On the second version, would adding the bottom darker grey base of the tower's pod from the first version reinforce the ball as a substitute pod instead of making it look like a kebab-skewered ball? The base would also give the effect of a shadow. This is a very minor quibble, but the Toronto warped text in #2 looks to me to need a slightly more pronounced envelope warp along the top of the letters to align with the curve of the background shield; maybe it's an optical illusion, but just a degree or two more of top warp would do it for me.

Both versions are sweet though. Glad you didn't go with oversized T and S in Towers, like Ted Stepien did when he tried launching the Toronto Towers NBA bid years ago. A blatant attempt to get his initials on the uniforms.

I agree that the tower from the first is better, but I like the rest of the changes you made. Maybe just substitute the tower from the first design for the ball-tower, but keep the rest? The colour choices are better, that aqua didn't really stand out well.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Wow. I didn't realize that everyone liked the original so much. Thanks for the comments guys.

I think the baseball's dragging the concept down, so I made a revision with the CN Tower from the old logo.

Towers_new3.gif

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

I agree that the tower from the first is better, but I like the rest of the changes you made. Maybe just substitute the tower from the first design for the ball-tower, but keep the rest? The colour choices are better, that aqua didn't really stand out well.

agreed... also the word Toronto in the second one doesnt seem centred... its sits a little to the right... and as I post this I see you changed the tower... but the toronto is still off centre...lol

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

I think the baseball's dragging the concept down, so I made a revision with the CN Tower from the old logo.

Already better, IMO... the only thing bugging me is the way "TORONTO" goes across the tower... I suspect there's a less distracting way of executing that.

Very nice work Braden. Awesome update.

I have two very small nitpicks...

The lighter blue outline around the shield...where it meets the bottom of "Towers", at the R it's straight but at the O it's curved. Even though the O is curved, I'd give that segment of the outline a flat edge.

The other thing is the thin vertical blue line between the T and O of Towers...if you squeeze in the space between those two letters, that blue hairline will disappear, and the only thing that wil be visible is the white outlines.

Wordy, yes, but as you can see, trivial stuff.

Cool logo.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived