my former school going D-1AA

jimshaw25

kinda OT guys but IUP (Pennsylvania) is going Division 1-AA  can anyone come up with  a new logo /concepts

well my former school won the national football championship last year in 1-AA

:P

sorry I had to mention that since that is the highest level TRUE national college football champions

Go Dukes!

kinda OT guys but IUP (Pennsylvania) is going Division 1-AA  can anyone come up with  a new logo /concepts

well my former school won the national football championship last year in 1-AA

:P

sorry I had to mention that since that is the highest level TRUE national college football champions

Go Dukes!

You went to James Madison? That's cool. I think that there is another member on this board that went to JMU.

A bunch of my friends graduated from IUP. Through work, I met a guy who used to be their RB a few seasons ago. Small world when you talk about these smaller schools. :D

KISSwall09.jpg

I went ahead and tweaked the current logo. Didn't make a drastic departure but I simplified some things I think were a bit much...i.e. the red marks.

This was a quickie....just something fun to do.

Thier current logo

bear-for-head.gif

My tweaked logo

IUP.jpg

kinda OT guys but IUP (Pennsylvania) is going Division 1-AA can anyone come up with a new logo /concepts

IUP Represent! (Class of '99)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Didn't know there was such an IUP contingent on here. My wife grew up outside Indiana and, I think, took some continuing ed there. They've always had a good football program. They're joining the trend of former DII powerhouses jumping to I-AA. North Dakota State did it last year.

Didn't know there was such an IUP contingent on here. My wife grew up outside Indiana and, I think, took some continuing ed there. They've always had a good football program. They're joining the trend of former DII powerhouses jumping to I-AA. North Dakota State did it last year.

You're getting way ahead of youself. Any jump isn't happening anytime soon (unless you know something I don't)

IUP - D1 Plans

Also, even as far back as my days (Fall 95) this has not been a clean program. My fraternity used to have problems with these guys all the time.

Here's some recent stuff.

Link

Link

Also, any remake of the IUP logo should include the blue-jays stile font. I love the "IUP" in that style. ALso, they should either change their nickname or ditch the bear. "Indians" with a bear mascott makes no sense. I hated it when they did it and I still do.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

OK, ShaftDu, not sure if you were making a Duquesne reference at all on futher review. I just got back from the Harp and Fiddle and Jeromes on the South Side, so I might not be thinking to clearly right now. Did you go to DU?

As a taxpayer in Pennsylvania, I cannot say I am crazy about this idea. There are a lot of things that SSHE (State System of Higher Education) should dedicated money and resources to before changing their athletic affiliation.

Archived