New NLL Franchise Announced In Edmonton

Suigi

I think putting another team in Canada was a good idea, however they need to start putting more teams in the east. Buffalo, Philly, Rochester, and Toronto then all of a sudden jumps to Minnesota.

Signature intentionally left blank

Edmonton Aces

Edmonton Aeros

Edmonton Aviators

Edmonton Bighorns

Edmonton Boom

Edmonton Boomers

Edmonton Drillers

Edmonton Explosion

Edmonton Express

Edmonton Flyers

Edmonton Gushers

Edmonton Trappers

Trappers? Wasn't that the baseball team not too long ago? Farm of the Mariners in the 80's if I remember correctly.

I'm surprised no one has used the one landmark Edmonton is known for.

Edmonton Shopaholics. :D

Edmonton Aces

Edmonton Aeros

Edmonton Aviators

Edmonton Bighorns

Edmonton Boom

Edmonton Boomers

Edmonton Drillers

Edmonton Explosion

Edmonton Express

Edmonton Flyers

Edmonton Gushers

Edmonton Trappers

Trappers? Wasn't that the baseball team not too long ago? Farm of the Mariners in the 80's if I remember correctly.

I'm surprised no one has used the one landmark Edmonton is known for.

Edmonton Shopaholics. :D

Yep, it was. I believe they were the team that moved to Round Rock, Tex., and became the Express.

And if you want to go that way with the new team, why not call 'em the West Edmonton Maulers? :D

Edmonton Traders

Edmonton Mounties

Edmonton Klondikes

Edmonton Rush (is it just me, or does this one sound most like what the NLL would use?)

Edmonton Capitals

Edmonton Oil Barons

Edmonton Tornadoes

Of course, just about anything we come up with would be better than their Northern League entry, the Edmonton Cracker Cats.

Farm of the Mariners in the 80's if I remember correctly.

Actually, I don't believe that the Edmonton Trappers ever served as a Seattle Mariners' affiliate. To the best of my knowledge, the Trappers were affiliated with six Major League Baseball teams during their time in the Pacific Coast League:

* Athletics

* Angels

* Expos

* Marlins

* Twins

* White Sox

Actually, I don't believe that the Edmonton Trappers ever served as a Seattle Mariners' affiliate. To the best of my knowledge, the Trappers were affiliated with six Major League Baseball teams during their time in the Pacific Coast League:

* Athletics

* Angels

* Expos

* Marlins

* Twins

* White Sox

Perhaps he is confusing them with the Cannons, who I believe were a Mariners affiliate in the 80s

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Research time!

The Calgary Cannons were affiliated with Seattle from 1985-1994

The Edmonton Trappers affiliates were

1981-82 Chicago White Sox

1983-92 California Angels

1993-94 Florida Marlins

1995-98 Oakland Athletics

1999-00 Anaheim Angels

2001-02 Minnesota Twins

2003-04 Montreal Expos

Signature intentionally left blank

Edmonton Traders

Edmonton Mounties

Edmonton Klondikes

Edmonton Rush (is it just me, or does this one sound most like what the NLL would use?)

Edmonton Capitals

Edmonton Oil Barons

Edmonton Tornadoes

Of course, just about anything we come up with would be better than their Northern League entry, the Edmonton Cracker Cats.

I like klondikes but it doesn't work two well considering the klondike was in Yukon and the prostpectors went through BC to get there. I think Oil Barons is really good should be there name!

untitled-6.jpg

Edmonton Traders

Edmonton Mounties

Edmonton Klondikes

Edmonton Capitals

Edmonton Oil Barons

Edmonton Tornadoes

I like klondikes but it doesn't work two well considering the klondike was in Yukon and the prostpectors went through BC to get there. I think Oil Barons is really good should be there name!

Yeah, but I kind of stole that ? OK, I really stole that ? from an Alberta Junior Hockey League franchise in Fort McMurray. :blush:

Rush and Tornadoes are really starting to grow on me.

youcan'tseeme Posted on Thursday, May 5th, 2005 - 16:39:30

(officeglenn @ Thursday, May 5th, 2005 - 16:23:23)

Edmonton Traders

Edmonton Mounties

Edmonton Klondikes

Edmonton Capitals

Edmonton Oil Barons

Edmonton Tornadoes

Edmonton has an annual festival called Klondide days so it's not to far of a stretch

ManchesterCity_10Sig.png

I think putting another team in Canada was a good idea, however they need to start putting more teams in the east. Buffalo, Philly, Rochester, and Toronto then all of a sudden jumps to Minnesota.

They need one in Detroit, that would definitely be a good East Team

yeah I remember that team years ago. But i'd like to see another team there, just like i'd like to see another Detroit Drive in the Arena Football League

* Athletics

* Angels

* Expos

* Marlins

* Twins

* White Sox

Perhaps he is confusing them with the Cannons, who I believe were a Mariners affiliate in the 80s

I was. It was Edmonton that was the A's affiliate before they became the Tacoma Tigers? The team itself didn't move, they just changed affiliations.

Or else, I'm just confusing everything.

Archived