New NLL Franchise Announced In Edmonton

Suigi

Ideas for mascots, names and logos can be sent to contest@edmontonprolacrosse.com.

Methinks they're going to get at least a few entries from this board. :D

How about Edmonton Flames? :D

The Klondikes would be suitable, but not necessarily a good choice given the possible shortening to 'Dikes... :D

But good to see another Battle of Alberta...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Trappers was the first thing I thought of, however with appologies to my Canadian friend - I hope that is not the name.

It's good to see another team added to the NLL after losing the Ravens (Van.)

I hope they can add another team soon, so there are 12 teams. You'd think Oregon, Washington or California would get a team. Time will tell - good luck Edmonton.

What I am waiting for is Sterling, Flynn, Nitroseed or some of our other graphic gurus concept. There is a contest to name the team, design the logo and even create the mascot - go to the Edmonton site (NLL) and submit your entry.

Kansas-BB-banner.pngΒ My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021Β  Β  Β  Β  Β St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)Β Β 2023 ChampionsΒ  Β  Β Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I hope they can add another team soon, so there are 12 teams. You'd think Oregon, Washington or California would get a team. Time will tell - good luck Edmonton.

I thought California did have teams in the NLL with Anaheim Storm and the San Jose Stealth?

• 5 weeks later...

Winterhawks was a suggestion? Interesting. :grin:

In 1976, Edmonton had WHL team named the Oil Kings who moved to Portland to become...

the Winterhawks.

Really no point there. Just thought that was funny.

Y'know it's funny. The Oilers are on strike/lockout, they then suspend the Roadrunners, so even though Edmonton, which is a hockey hotbed would be prime for a new hockey league franchise, the only ones that have any gumption to take the opportunity, is the National Lacrosse League. Ironically enough, since the season falls on the same area as hockey season, and since it's played in a hockey rink with carpeting, they just might succeed. In any event its giving people an alternative.

:flagcanada: Well, lacrosse IS the official sport of Canada :hockeysmiley:

PS- I want the New Englan/Boston Blazers to come back. They may have to play somewhere other than the Garden if and when the stoppage ever ends. But even so. Maybe I should put together a new concept for that. I'm thinking either a dragon or firefighter moniker. Lacrosse is very big up here, and to be honest I thought the Blazers were fairly popular here too. Every game I went to had a pretty healthy crowd. The Boston Cannons in the outdoor Major League Lacrosse always get a good crowd.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

PS- I want the New Englan/Boston Blazers to come back. They may have to play somewhere other than the Garden

Completely forgot about Fleets name change. I want the Landsharks back in Columbus. I already know it wouldnt survive in Cincy. Are NIFL team just had their uniforms seized a couple of weeks ago. And no surprise US Bank arena is suing another one of its tennants. Appearently now a days if you play there they will sue you.

Signature intentionally left blank

I think they had to get permission from the Chicago Rush to use the name. Also I think I heard somewhere that a car might be used in the logo, but I cant remember for sure.

Signature intentionally left blank

I think they had to get permission from the Chicago Rush to use the name.

From an Edmonton Sun article:

Thankfully for Urban's boys, who will decide on team colours and a logo in the near future, the Arena Football League's Chicago Rush didn't protest any potential trademark infringement and the NLL brass gave its OK.

Rush beat out the other final contenders - Edge, Speed, Extreme, Vault and Crude.

I think they had to get permission from the Chicago Rush to use the name. Also I think I heard somewhere that a car might be used in the logo, but I cant remember for sure.

That's nonsense--as far as the name goes--different team, sport, city, country--

now if there was infringement in the logo---sure--but that name---that's just nonsense...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived