Where did you get your avatars?

Unifreak

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, how is it that the Sharks were spawned of the North Stars?

The Sharks technically started as the California Seals. The Seals moved to Cleveland and failed as the Barons, they then merged with the North Stars to save the failing Minnesota team. When the NHL "expanded" to San Jose in 1991, it was to stop the Gund's from outright moving the North Stars to the Bay Area. The league didn't want to have to accept expansion bids from interested parties, so they declared that the North Stars were actually two franchises (The Stars themselves and the Barons) and the Gunds were allowed to take the Barons' half of the Stars and form the "expansion" Sharks. The Sharks don't recognize their pre-1991 history, but that's the official way they came to be. I think it's one of the few time in pro sports a team has relocated back to their original home area after moving away.

Back on topic... My avatar is the logo I created for my Red Wings site, DetroitHockey.Net.

BTW, how is it that the Sharks were spawned of the North Stars?

The Sharks technically started as the California Seals. The Seals moved to Cleveland and failed as the Barons, they then merged with the North Stars to save the failing Minnesota team. When the NHL "expanded" to San Jose in 1991, it was to stop the Gund's from outright moving the North Stars to the Bay Area. The league didn't want to have to accept expansion bids from interested parties, so they declared that the North Stars were actually two franchises (The Stars themselves and the Barons) and the Gunds were allowed to take the Barons' half of the Stars and form the "expansion" Sharks. The Sharks don't recognize their pre-1991 history, but that's the official way they came to be. I think it's one of the few time in pro sports a team has relocated back to their original home area after moving away.

And if you follow the same logic, the St. Louis Rams "came home" in 1995. The franchise started out as the St. Louis Gunners, folded and the franchise rights were transferred to a group that eventually created the Cleveland Rams which moved to L.A., Anaheim, and then "back" to St. Louis.

Oh, and my avatar is self explanatory - it's the second version of the St. Louis Blues' crest, used from 1970 to 1983. The first crest is distinguishable only by a slightly flatter wing.  It should be making a comeback sometime during the 2003-2004 season as the St. Louis Business Journal reported today that the team intends to play up to 6 games in reproductions of their '67-'68 sweaters during the upcoming season.

It should be making a comeback sometime during the 2003-2004 season as the St. Louis Business Journal reported today that the team intends to play up to 6 games in reproductions of their '67-'68 sweaters during the upcoming season.

Schweet!

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

My avatar, the Scout, from the Kansas City Scouts hockey team is one of the first logos I really loved.  There were others but this one is special.  I was also a fan of the team (cool logo, bad hockey team!)  The logo is actually designed from the statue over looking the downtown here in Kansas City.  Copy and paste to see the statue.

http://www.kansascityusa.org/images/scout_skyline.jpg

I now live in Kansas City after spending most of my years in Atchison, Kansas (Amelia Earhart_female aviator hometown)

:)

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I created this logo because its my nickname when I play hockey.  My signature has the bigger design.  I had the Florida Panthers logo (with the broken stick), because I think that is one of the best logos.  I am working on making an animated avatar, but I haven't had time yet.

Whatcha gonna do when the Ultimate MegaPowers run wild over you!

UMPPrimarySig.jpgUMPWarriorSig.jpgUMPAltSig.jpg

My avatar is the Pantone, Inc. logo, which I re-colored to represent the colors on page 15C of the "PANTONE solid in RGB guide coated" guide.  The colors in order, are 195 C, 194 C, 193 C, 192 C, 191 C, 190 C, 189 C.

My user name on the FanHome is "PANTONE194C".  This is the primary color of my favorite NFL team - the Arizona Cardinals.

I just shortened it to "PANTONE" on this forum.

I wouldn't exactly call them the "precursor" of the Sharks, though I guess in a roundabout way, they were. (The Seals became the Barons, which merged with the North Stars, from which the Sharks were born.)

Mine is the secondary logo of the rec hockey team I play on, the Minneapolis Admirals. I designed the logos for the team.

That was kinda "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon"-y...

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Mine is my GMac logo that I stamp everything i do with... well all my latest stuff anyway... even made it a tshirt... lol... since my name is Greg and I am invincible (lol)  its a combination of Superman and a G for those of you that cant catch onto the obvious... lol... and i made it the colours of the University that gives me most my work (that and I go to school there) The University of Regina

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Archived