Where did you get your avatars?

Unifreak

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine is for my favorite band, Thursday.  The guy is lead singer Geoff Rickly.  I have another simple Thursday avatar that I made and I might put it up soon.  

When viewing signitures, does anybody else have the problem if the person's message is really short, it can get covered up by the sig?  Especially Puckguys.  For that, I turned sigs off.

Mockba: I found it on a H*R fan site, and thought it was neat. I had to edit the size so it wouldn't get all messed up when avatarized here, but otherwise, it's not mine at all. Don't know who the author was either, but I liked it, so I grabbed it. :D If the person who made it sees this, email me so I can thank you personally!

...and Roger, we do want to know. You told me once, but I've since forgotten. Some kind of bad video game?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Roger Clemente Posted on July 11 2003,16:35

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you really want to know where my avatar came from?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

If you right click and click on properties, you can see the address of the file! Apparently the file is associated with Chris Creamer's site.

As for the origins of that avatar? Beats me!

I saw, I came, I left.

Mine is the precursor to my favorite NHL team, the San Jose Sharks.

Whoo hoo!  Another Sharks fan on board!  Watch out world, here comes the Teal Fans of the Fin!  (Notice I said fans, not the actual team.)

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Okay then...

My avatar has nothing to do with Chris Creamer, I just asked him if he could host it for me, because Geocities doesn't allow remote image posting. I am forever indebted to him.

My avatar is based on the 1991 NES game ACTION 52, or to be more specific Game 48 of 52, Time Warp Tickers.

ACTION 52 is one of those 52 games on 1 cartridge deally thingies, but unlike those Japanese import 31-in-1's or 80-in-1's that are just best-of compilations of Nintendo favorites, this game features 52 completely original games on one cartridge, but with one thing in common...they all suck incredibly bad. It is without a doubt the worst game ever released for the Nintendo Entertainment System.

None of the 52 games were actually finished. In most cases, once you beat, say, stage 3, you're taken back to stage 1. In other cases, they crash. A few of the games don't load at all. It's pretty sad, considering the creators of this game had extremely high aspirations or conquering the world.

Game 48, Time Warp Tickers, is probably the most bizarre game on the cartridge because for no reason whatsoever, you play as a pair of fingers walking around a checkerboard with your primary weapon of flicking. Unlike every other game where when you die or you kill an enemy you explode, disintegrate or in a few cases, rotate, in TWT, you and your enemies turn into the word "Time?"  Fascinated by the whole thing, I decided to pay homage to this classic tradition.

For more info on ACTION 52, check out these sites:

- http://www.atarihq.com/tsr/odd/scans/action52.html (includes the backstory behind the creation of this mess, plus documents of the creators aspiritions)

- http://sweetbee.silius.net/action52.html (includes a brief piece on Time Warp Tickers)

- http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/nes/data/7469.html (includes several humurous reviews of the game, plus a walkthrough for all 52 games.)

Have fun.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I got my avatar from a logo about myself...the N is for NESI which is my last name and the 27 in the back is my favorite number and birthday...

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

I designed mine. It a combination of a Texas Ranger badge and the Twilight Zone. The Lone Ranger was a Texas Ranger and I used the same font that was used in the original Twilight Zone. The red, white and blue is because I love the United States. My quote is a corruption of Casey Stengel's "Nice guys finsih last"
cfg.jpg41QN7ATP9VL._AA280_.jpg

Um well mine is a blues jersey (I'm a Blues fan) personalized with my user name Chazberg and the #23 for some reason. I plan on changing it to an Astros jersey soon, being baseball season and all. My username is a clever fusion of my first and last names, Charles Noerenberg, that I just came up with one day. :D I dunno why I'm even replying to this, I know the guy who started it was just some dick making pointless threads. Oh well, at least the rest of you can now know the mystery behind the man.

Archived