Create-a-school

Discrim

In response to a suggestion, i challenge the board to create a uniform set for a fictional college, or improve upon the design of a real college you think could do better.

as i have decided to make it a contest, i will do this similar to shark's Iron Crossover. I won't be competing, but i will present you with the rules:

1) you must do a minimum of two (2) sports

2) you must indicate what are the official school colors that will be in all concepts, and unofficial school colors may only be used as trim or on the alternate(optional)

3) if you decide on an existing high school or college/university/academy, you have the option of using their current or former insignias or creating your own, but you must use the school's current colors.

4) the deadline is July 31 (7/31/03), 10 pm CT/8 pm PT. At that time, I will set up a poll that will decide whose concepts reign supreme :D and that will run until Sunday(and that's final).

now that you know the rules, vominos!

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm.... a fictional college.... I hope the tuition isn't outrageously insane!

I'd like to one for my high-school as well. But I refuse to beacuse I want nothing to do with my school.  :angry:

I do have some ideas I've cooked up over the years. I'll see if I can draw them on my computer!

I saw, I came, I left.

Can I do my highschool? I've been doing a lot of fantasy designs for it, so I've already got a train of thought.

yeah you can.  high school, college, military academy, trade school, i don't care...just as long as you have at least two sports represented.  shoulda clarified that when i posted this, huh :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

Is this a contest? Or just...create a concept? Either way I'm entering, just wondering...

aw hell, let's see whose school set reigns supreme!!!

top post has been edited to post contest rules. :)

btw everyone let's congratulate moser for completing his masters :cool:

2016cubscreamsig.png

bump

cus i figure there are others who missed out on shark's Iron Xover and would like to try their hands at this. :)

2016cubscreamsig.png

I also have a bunch of fictitious teams (and representations of real colleges that don't have FB teams) I made on NCAA 2003...but I don't know which one to do!

South Carolina-Rock Hill Bearcats

Rock Hill State Silver Knights

South Carolina A&M Bengals

South Carolina Tech Jaguars

Rock Hill Juco Crimson Knights

York Tech Titans

and my personal favorite, the Palmetto State Sandlappers.

I think the Sandlappers will be my entry...

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I also have a bunch of fictitious teams (and representations of real colleges that don't have FB teams) I made on NCAA 2003...but I don't know which one to do!

South Carolina-Rock Hill Bearcats

Rock Hill State Silver Knights

South Carolina A&M Bengals

South Carolina Tech Jaguars

Rock Hill Juco Crimson Knights

York Tech Titans

and my personal favorite, the Palmetto State Sandlappers.

I think the Sandlappers will be my entry...

sandlappers...interesting name to say the least.  i'd lump that in with the pittsburg state gorillas and hurley midgets in the funny name category :D

at least that's not in the category: names so unoriginal they're original, i.e. Waukesha South Blackshirts (the mascot's a cardinal wearing a black shirt, not a stormtrooper if you're wondering)

2016cubscreamsig.png

Well, in case anyone was wondering...a Sandlapper is a slang term for anyone from South Carolina (much like "Tarheel" with people from North Carolina) and Palmetto State Sandlappers sounds good, so I used it. :D

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

remember, i'm not competing but i'm gonna show ya what i'd do for an existing school (in this case, Texas A&M) if i was.

football

baseball

basketball

now, does anyone have anything set or are you waiting til the end of the month? :;):

2016cubscreamsig.png

I'm doing some for Westminster, my highschool.  We're the Westminster Wildcats (so much for originality), and our colors are forest green and white.  No accent colors are currently used.  I'm doing baseball, hockey, basketball, and either football or soccer, maybe both.

I mote do something for this! Gonna take me a little while but it'llbe ready for the end of the month! I was gonna make up a college and do Football, Basketball (coz they seem to be the biggest college sports in US) and maybe soccer just to add a British flavour!!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I am going to let this jump into my list, because I already have some work done for my school. I will do the four major sports. We don't fund a hockey team, b/c it isn't an official HS sport in MO, but we do have a team who still represents us in so league.

non-funded sports...i know how those are, i was on my school's powerlifting team for a season.  still got my distinctive 'uniform', if a camouflage t-shirt with a swole eagle counts as one :D (only one other team i recall that didn't wear white)

2016cubscreamsig.png

bump

11 days left to enter just so you know

whose school reigns supreme?

btw someone here is working on concept sets for the branches of our military (not the academies, the actual branches) and emailed me asking if this would be considered ripping me off (no, it won't.  you got my go ahead, as if you needed it :;):  )

that is all.  you may now return to your previously scheduled program. :)

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived