Kansas City Royals changes for 2006

Royals Insider

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So maybe, something like this:

Here's a few tidbits:

• That secondary logo is GONE.
  • The road uni has standard-sleeves - not a vest.
  • Almost all of the Black is gone (from the home and road unis anyway).

NO VESTS! NO BLACK! Have I died and gone to heaven?!

No, you haven't. You need to read 'between the lines'...

[Cough] black alt[/Cough]

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Now if only powder blue in 2007!

NO POWDER BLUE

Agreed. It's not 1984.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Again, gray never looked right with the Royals.

You think of the Royals and you think of the powder blues. You think of George Brett -- dressed in the powder blues -- arguing like crazy in the Pine Tar Game. You think of the 1985 World Series.

Powder blues aren't for everyone. But neither are grays.

• 2 weeks later...
Again, gray never looked right with the Royals.

You think of the Royals and you think of the powder blues. You think of George Brett -- dressed in the powder blues -- arguing like crazy in the Pine Tar Game. You think of the 1985 World Series.

Powder blues aren't for everyone. But neither are grays.

I think they look fine in grey. All that black was the problem. Black hats, black undershirts. bad

And I can think of lots of baseball stars of yore dressed in some ugly-ass pullovers and elastic-band pants, but that doesn't mean it should still be worn. Generally, "stick with what you won in" works, but I think the exception is 70s and 80s baseball.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

You can see the new Royals home jersey by going to www.kcroyals.com and watching the John Buck video on the right hand side of the page.

And I'm a fan...no black in the hat, no black on the jersey, and back to sleeves....it looks clean, it looks classy, finally, a step in the right direction. Now it's time for teams like the Mets, Reds, Marlins, etc to lose the black (or most of it in Florida's case...)

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived