San diego padres uniform concept

cambaker

Maybe it's just because I'm from San Diego, but I've gotten rather bored with the Padres generic, and almost Dodger-esque blue and white unis. Since they're moving into a shiny new stadium next year, I figured I'd try my hand at updating their uniforms too. I tried to give them more of a classic feel by incorporating the script lettering that used to adorn their uniforms in the sixties. I also wanted to bring back the brown and orange that once made their uniforms famous, without over-doing it. Enough of my talking though, check em out and let me know what you think. Thanks.

http://hometown.aol.com/kammbaykr/

nice work, but I've got a couple problems.  

1.  the SD seems similar to the Giants.  With the little triangles on the letters and all.  Don't know what they're called.

2.  Don't do pinstripes on a road jersey if you don't have em on the home jersey.  Teams get away with pinstripes at home, not on road(which sort-of bothers me), but it doesn't work the other way around.  

3.  I'd make the script on the alt. white, for clarity, and again, to distance yourself from the Giants.

4.  You certainly didn't overdo the brown and orange.  If anything, I'd say you underdid it.  It's on the outlines of the scripts only, so the uniforms look basically like they do now.  It's really just the scripts that are changed.  I do like the scripts, though.  A little fuzzy, but nice.

Keep up the work.

cambaker,

Very nice, I like the old and new fashioned together.  Color and concepts are very good.  

For me, I would use a brown hat with one of the unis, ties into your concept of "old & new", and the swinging padre is a bit plain - maybe even hard to see due to the dark blue background.

Excellent layout and design!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I LOVE the "SD" Modification!!!! FU*KING AWESOME!!! wow

These are some of the best baseball concepts i've EVER seen posted on any of the creamer boards, past or present.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I love the cap font and the script "Padres" on the home uniform.

I do not like the navy blue with this color scheme and am likely in the very very small minority in saying I favor either brown and orange or brown and gold for the Pad's.  I don't care for the brown pinstripes on the road uni's and frankly would prefer that they not use them at all.   I'm not crazy about the arched text on the road uniform as it's inconsistent with the upward slant used for the homes.  I'm not saying consistency is a must but when you look at them side by side it's just a tad distracting.

My personal preferences aside, this is a very well thought out and well presented effort.  I hope you are pleased with your work because it is very good, regardless of my unconventional tastes.

Cam-

You are a man after my own heart. The swinging friar needs to be in the Padres logo. Personally I think it could stand alone.

Brown would be a good complement for Navy as you show.

I agree with everyone that your "SD" hat is very solid. I don't much care for your word mark Have you tried your color scheme with their current uniform font? I also think a road with the SD on the left chest would rock.

Great work.

(I hope your Chargers concept brings back powder blue and white helmets)

"Jesus is for Losers" - Steve Taylor

i'm in the minority in that i like the road jersey pinstripes...not a fan of the home jerseys cus they look too much like the currents...and i love the hats and logo!  who's your friar??? :)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Thanks for all the really positive response.  I'm working on creating some new text because I personally think the font looks a little too "Brewer's Esque."  I've been toying with the thought of changing the piping on the home jerseys to brown and the hats to a really dark shade of brown.  Any thoughts here?

And to Matthew516, the way I have it now, the home jersey is an updated powder blue jersey with the dark navy as a complimentary color.  I've been working on a few concepts for the helmets, and as good as the white looks.. the plain yellow bolt with the black outline just looks a little too simplistic to do justice to the rest of the uniforms.  If you have any suggestions I'd love to hear those too.

I also LOVE the new hat font, very very cool cam.

I dont like how thin the script gets on the unis, and i personally hate gray pinstripes, but i think i get what your tryin to do, and it does work all together, so kudos.

Archived