Nhl concepts

CrookedThumb

The Wild isn't bad, but I don't like the Lightning, and the Wings, for lack of a better word...is horrible. Detroit doesn't use any black or silver, and there's just too much black and silver for a team that doesn't use it. Your production work is getting a little better, but still could be much improved. It doesn't make me want to die..and I don't give it two thumbs down..but I just don't like it. I know we can sound like Simon sometimes, but put a little more thought in it and spend just a little more time improving the production work, and you'll put out better concepts.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Well, what have I done wrong? What should I do differently? And be specific.

lightning: jersey good, pants bad.  

wild: no comment, i think it's okay

deadwings: sorry, had to do it...looks like you just threw black and gray in just to throw black and gray in.  but as STLFANATIC will attest, the logo is reason numero uno that this doesn't look any good :;): (sorry yzerfan but i had to do it)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

What you need to do is come up with your own striping not just fill in the templete. You started that on your TB concept, you just need to do it a little more. Good try though.

And Oh gosh I hate the Wings. Not your concept, just the Wings.

redwingssuck.com

When I'm older my kid is getting a shirt that says, "My Daddy Say Red Wings Suck!"

but as STLFANATIC will attest, the logo is reason numero uno that this doesn't look any good :;): (sorry yzerfan but i had to do it)

Where's that guy who used to run around the boards saying everyone was ripping off the Wings? Didn't he have something to say about the Bluenote?

Not that I agree with him, but at least it'd be on topic. If I were to go after the Blues, I'd ignore their logo and pull some interesting facts from their history. But I won't. For now.

And redwingssuck.com only exists because people care enough about hating the Wings that they make a site about it. No one's bothered to make bluessuck.com, it's just not worth it.

As much as I hate the Red Wings (not as passionatley as others), their uniform and logo should forever stay untouched.  It is that same simplicity and logo that will remain timeless.  It's just a classic.  And just remember...I DON'T EVEN LIKE THOSE GUYS!

When I'm older my kid is getting a shirt that says, "My Daddy Say Red Wings Suck!"

i think i'll get my kid that shirt too...and others:

"My Daddy Say Suck!"

blank filled in with Vikings, Michigan, Minnesota, White Sox, Reds, Lindros, Cowboys, Florida, Dodgers...i got too many teams to list. :;):

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

but as STLFANATIC will attest, the logo is reason numero uno that this doesn't look any good :;): (sorry yzerfan but i had to do it)

Where's that guy who used to run around the boards saying everyone was ripping off the Wings? Didn't he have something to say about the Bluenote?

Not that I agree with him, but at least it'd be on topic. If I were to go after the Blues, I'd ignore their logo and pull some interesting facts from their history. But I won't. For now.

And redwingssuck.com only exists because people care enough about hating the Wings that they make a site about it. No one's bothered to make bluessuck.com, it's just not worth it.

He went crazy and got kicked off I think. Jabari sounds right...

You could, but come next year it will all be better.

Your right. People are so passionate about hating them they will make a site about it. No one hates the Blues that much. Besides, lieing is bad.

:;):  :)  :D

Back on topic...

What STL said about filling in the template is bang on. How many NHL teams out there have their sleeves differently coloured from the base colour? Although this may be an innovation you may want to see, it just isn't happening... part of the reason may be that to maintain the integrity of the jersey as a light or dark jersey, you should have at least 75% of it be either the light or dark colour (my opinion, but I think it's generally correct). In MLB, you can go sleeveless or with different coloured sleeves 'cause they're short sleeves, and doesn't comprise much in terms of jersey percent. Hockey, however, has long sleeves, and often on TV, when you see the players skating more left and right (as opposed to towards the camera and away from it), you see sleeves as much or more than you see the torso of the jersey.

Also, you need to get a little more creative with your jersey cuts, like STL said. TB is a start, but you could get even more creative. That, and improved production work, could greatly improve the quality of your concepts and the feedback you get for them.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived