Spyboy1's Cubs Concept Set

spyboy1

Here is my first ever baseball concept. I've seen several Cubs concepts recently, but none that I recall going with a vest style, a look I really like myself.

The primary jersey is a pin-stripe vest with blue sleeves.

For a take on the blue alt, I went with a blue vest and red sleeves just because blue on blue looked like the current blue alt shirt and a red vest would have been too much red. Hopefully this doesn't look too "batting practice", but I understand if it does.

The road jersey was left as is. I'm not sure if any team wears a vest on the road, and the Cubs being rather a tradtional team and look, I wasn't going to get too crazy.

cubs-concept-alt-set.jpg

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

What's with the blue belt-loops?

Other than that, it's...ok.

The road should be a vest if the others are imo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What's with the blue belt-loops?

Other than that, it's...ok.

The road should be a vest if the others are imo.

The blue belt loops were an error made in haste. I was trying to get this posted before leaving for home.

The Pirates, Reds, Diamondbacks and Royals all wear vests on the road, so I also plan on making the road jersey with blue sleeves when I update this set.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Not a huge fan of the red undershirt... problem is, I can't think of a better color to put there if it's gonna be a vest. To be totally honest, I wish more teams used colored sleeves like the Angels do on their home alt rather than vests. Good overall try though, the home uni is solid.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

I agree that the red undershirt doesn't work. I thought of the Rockies Black with Purple undershirts, and I think we all know how those are viewed ( :puke: ).

Also, you did change the road (although it sounds like you didn't intend to). The numbers are Red on the Cubs current road set...

pMLB2-1713318dt.jpg

Moose

I like it, as a home ALTERNATE. I dont wnat to touch the home unis at all, but if they wore the sleeveless one here and there, I would think that is cool. Good concept. I don't mind the blue jersey either....I kind of like how it looks.

Here's an updated version now that I feel safe going to a vest on the road as well.

I've also made the sleeves blue on the alternate blue vest since I knew the red was a bit contorversial for the Cubbies and also for consistency across the set.

cubs-concept-alt-set-2.jpg

Really all I've done in the end is make the current jersey set into vests with the addition of the blue sleeves for a touch more classic look from the late 50's & early 60's.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of vets. Having an alt vest for Sundays or whatnot is fine. The second set, the alt jersey looks out of place, looks like a generic BP jersey, particularly since it's the only top that's not a vest & it's a solid dark color on top of white/blue pins.

What about solid white pants, and a darker shade of blue with "Chicago" or "Cubs" in their road font in white?

Just an idea.

Here's one to rankle the traditionalists. Maybe we'll have to restrict this one to Sundays only or night games at home.

cubs-concept-alt-3.jpg

HansonsSig.jpg

Why the black stirrups?

Also, I don't see the rationale behind going with vests of one color, then wearing an undershirt of that same color beneath the vests. The blue road vest you have now looks just like a blue jersey with sleeves on it. There is nothing to indicate a vest. The Rockies made a big mistake with their black vests, since the purple undershirts were detested, and now they wear black under black, with the borders of the vest going around the arm and looking more appropriate for a football jersey than a baseball jersey.

White vests are easy for home, since the sleeves become the team's other main color(s). Gray road vests would be easy for the same reason. But colored vests get you into a mess of trouble because you then need a 2nd dominant color that goes with the body of the vest. And I don't think you can wear white beneath a vest, because that is an undershirt and white undershirts are distracting to hitters. Why a white T-shirt sleeve beneath a vest would be any more unfair than a white sleeve on a home jersey is beyond me, but you're gonna paint yourself into a corner on this one.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Why the black stirrups?

Also, I don't see the rationale behind going with vests of one color, then wearing an undershirt of that same color beneath the vests. The blue road vest you have now looks just like a blue jersey with sleeves on it. There is nothing to indicate a vest. The Rockies made a big mistake with their black vests, since the purple undershirts were detested, and now they wear black under black, with the borders of the vest going around the arm and looking more appropriate for a football jersey than a baseball jersey.

White vests are easy for home, since the sleeves become the team's other main color(s). Gray road vests would be easy for the same reason. But colored vests get you into a mess of trouble because you then need a 2nd dominant color that goes with the body of the vest. And I don't think you can wear white beneath a vest, because that is an undershirt and white undershirts are distracting to hitters. Why a white T-shirt sleeve beneath a vest would be any more unfair than a white sleeve on a home jersey is beyond me, but you're gonna paint yourself into a corner on this one.

i seem to remember a while back when the jays first updated their ws look they had a blue vest/light blue undershirt alt that was never worn. its a shame, because they looked really nice.

i seem to remember a while back when the jays first updated their ws look they had a blue vest/light blue undershirt alt that was never worn. its a shame, because they looked really nice.

I don't remember either, but if it was a light blue undershirt beneath a royal blue jersey, that's two different shades of blue, both of which were primary colors in the Jays' logo and identity. I'm talking about what he's proposing - royal blue undershirts beneath royal blue vests, with no distinction made visually where one piece of material ends and the other begins. You may as well just wear sleeved blue jerseys, since it would look identical unless you got within 5 or 6 feet of the players.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived