KC Royals Concept

Chief.

Wow, this is a great way to get that powder blue that I always associate with the Royals' glory days into their scheme without making them have ugly powder blue roads. Very nice work.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I have a hard time accepting a Royals' concept that has two shades of blue in it, and neither one is ROYAL BLUE. I like putting the gold back in the logo, but it didn't work its way into the jerseys nearly enough for my liking.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The sleeve patch (not designed by me) stands for Ewing M. Kauffman. Tell me what you think.

Royals.jpg

Not bad at all, buddy.

What I would do first is make the home cap all-p.blue and the road cap all-navy. Then change the home sleeves to powder and the road lettering (meaning script, nameplate, and numbers) to navy-with-powder-shadow.

Just a coupla suggestions. 'Tis a very good start you have here, though. I really like where you went with it.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I agree with VitaminD. A team named the Royals should have royal blue as its primary colors.

I should know. My high school team was called the Royals, and our colors were royal blue, white and gold. And the uniforms really looked sharp.

Not bad but I agree there should be royal blue, and limit the patch to one arm. Also I don't really get the sleeve logo. You're elevating Kaufman to a Georga Hallas-type level with the permanent initials, and I think it's a bit much for the guy the stadium's named after. I'm not sure about the history of the Royals, maybe he had a big role with the team, but I think the initials are too much to be included on the logo (unless he recently died in which case it would be ok for one season.)

Chazberg, to answer your question, to Royals fans, especially now, Kauffman is George Halas. Let's take a look at KC baseball history....in the early 60s, Charlie Finley unceremoniously swept the A's out of KC just as the A's were getting good and bringing up players like Reggie Jackson, Sal Bando, Bert Campaneris, etc. Kauffman, a local businessman, stepped up just as KC needed a rich guy to step up and buy the expansion franchise that became the Royals. He owned them until '93, when he died. During his ownership, the Royals were good, for a couple reasons. First off, Kauffman brilliantly sat back and let the GM's, Cedric Tallis, Joe Burke and John Schuerholz, build the Royals into contenders. He started a baseball academy, which would've been revolutionary, had the money not run out due to a construction strike which delayed the opening of then-Royals Stadium. But, most important of all to Royals fans, he didn't let guys like George Brett, Frank White, Willie Wilson and Dan Quisenberry leave Kansas City. He kept the dynasty together for the most part until the late 80s, when guys like White, Quisenberry and Hal McRae were getting too old to do the job. Then the Royals went out and spent like a band of drunken sailors, trying to get Mr. K one more pennant before he died. The spring before he died, he signed David Cone, who was a Cy Young award winner for the Royals in '94. Royals fans miss Kauffman hardcore. I know I do.

Now, on the concept. I think the patch is alright (with the updated KC-no R-crown logo). But I'm not a fan of black on the unis at all. I was pretty happy to hear the Royals might be ditching the black, anyhow. Personally, if the Royals want to switch up their patch, I'd like to see them go in a little different way than this. The Monarchs Negro League team had a patch with a heart with "KC" on the sleeve, recognizing Kansas City as the capital of the heartland. Personally, I'd like to see them go with something like that, say a powder blue heart behind the crown-KC logo, and, if they're feeling crazy, gold stars on the heart, three on one side for the Monarchs' three Negro League World Series Championships, and one on the other for the 1985 World Championship.

This is a nice concept - you've done a great job.

As a Royals fan - I must insist on the Royal Blue as the primary with either navy or columbia blue as a 2ndary color.

However, your design is solid and I like your work! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived