Australian cricket logo

DEAD!

Btw is there a good sight with lots of AFL shirts on? (Maybe a store or something??) I remember seeing some VFL as it would have been then as a little kid and being struck by how good the kits looked!

Say hello to the comprehensive history of VFL/AFL jumpers...

Mero's Jumper Madness

Got any pictures to prove they existed?

I saw, I came, I left.

Depends. For which ones?

(This is not my site I should point out, I am merely a helper...for the most part I have no idea where the man behind it all actually got his info from. But he's generally spot on with the dates.)

Depends. For which ones?

(This is not my site I should point out, I am merely a helper...for the most part I have no idea where the man behind it all actually got his info from. But he's generally spot on with the dates.)

OKAY! Here are the ones that I'm curious about....

Brisbane 1987-90

Essendon Centennary game 1996

Footscray away 1996

West Coast 1987-88

I've never seen those!

I saw, I came, I left.

OKAY! Here are the ones that I'm curious about....

Brisbane 1987-90

Essendon Centennary game 1996

Footscray away 1996

West Coast 1987-88

I've never seen those!

Brisbane you found the pics yourself :)

West Coast I can personally confirm, but here it is anyway

87_bears_%20_eagles.jpg

Footscray:

i-1.JPGi-1.JPG

(Mero has gotten this one a bit wrong at the neck, I'll get him to fix that up...)

As for Essendon...just trust us that they had an old-style laced guernsey for that game :)

They won't get away with that in the height of winter in Toronto though!

they would likely try, though.  then again, the redskins o-line decided to go without long sleeves for a december game at lambeau several years ago, like packers linemen traditionally do...them hogs couldn't last the first half w/o long sleeves.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Yeah but Football players in America have pads and stuff to keep some warmth in! These Aussie Rules players are seriously tough guys! It might not have the physical contact of American Football, but goddamit its a tough game!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Yeah but Football players in America have pads and stuff to keep some warmth in! These Aussie Rules players are seriously tough guys! It might not have the physical contact of American Football, but goddamit its a tough game!

believe me, football shoulder pads weren't invented with warmth in mind.  i know from tons of practice with driving rain, whipping wind and one extremely wet game i was in.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived