Senators ALT Concept

redsfan39

barberpoles rule...the only tough spot is in placing a number on the back and sleeves..you ,might wana go with an actual "Plate" type...like in rugby where there is a big square with a number sewn on rather than just a number with a different color outline depending on what stripes run through it..good stuff though

FishNChips_200.jpg

barberpoles rule...the only tough spot is in placing a number on the back and sleeves..you ,might wana go with an actual "Plate" type...like in rugby where there is a big square with a number sewn on rather than just a number with a different color outline depending on what stripes run through it..good stuff though

Gotta agree with this. Also, try to arrange the stripes so that the color behind the name will be the same as the colored square behind the number (or at least both dark), so that name and number can be the same color

Good start on this.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I like your basic idea. This logo doesn't really go with the striping, though. Maybe the more-cartoonish logo off the red shirts would work better. As far as the numbers, try three-colors with black as the base color. Then you could do the white-on-red with a consistent background.

Someone did this idea back in March or April but I can't remember the front logo. Do a search. :flagcanada:

Not bad looking.

A couple of notes -

The pattern should repeat consistently, White, Red, Black, White, Red, Black, for example.

The numbers stand out best if they're white, because they're placed upon the dark stripes in the center of the sweater. Dark trim in one or two colours lets you make out the small areas at the top and bottom of the numbers that overlap the white stripes. (3 colour numbers, like Bulldog suggested)

Here's how the 67's do it.

teambig.jpg

Spyboy's Barberpole Senators sweaters are here:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=18751

Rather than making the number outline always in contrast with the stripe it overlays, just pick one color for the outline and be consistent. Or try the plate idea. Either way, that's the biggest gripe I have with these - it's the first thing my eyes were drawn to. That, and the little slice of red under the arm that is surrounded by black; I'd make that black and complete the stripe pattern.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

consistency is your friend...as Gordie said, it should go red-white-black;red-white-black, or something like that...going all willy-nilly makes it look like a POS that was thrown together at teh last minute...it looks careless and sloppy.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Your stripes, top-to-bottom:

black, white, red, black, red, white, black. It looks like you made mirror images (top and bottom) with the black stripe in the middle. But it looks like a mistake was made lining up the stripes. I didn't notice the mirror image until the 3rd time I saw the concept. This is the inconsistency that was mentioned.

The number plate is a step in the right direction.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The body of the jersey has a "proper" pattern. Now, the sleeves need fixing! Sleeve stripes run black, red, white, black (shoulder to wrist)...

2007nleastchamps.png

• 4 weeks later...
Good to see a sens fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

uhh thanks. im not a sens fan i just like barberpole. but if you want to bump my old threads be my guest.

Archived