Indiana Pacers Logo Concept

AAO

yea i was thinking with no more horses left in the NBA, this would be the perfect opportunity for the pacers...plus the relation between Pistons and horses aren't exactly solid, sure pistons create horsepower but i dont think its enough to give a team with the name pistons the right to make a horse their primary logo.

I don't like it for the Pacers logo. Aren't the Pacers named after the pace car in the Indy 500? A horse is too broad a connection, much more obscure than a horse (for horsepower) for the Pistons.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I asked the question recently, "What is a Pacer?" One of my answers that I mentioned was the standard-bred race horse. Good tie-in. You're right, I do think this use has more possibilities to work with than Detroit. Take it further with the uniforms. B)

Named Indiana Pacers to signify their intention of setting ther pace in basketball and due to the state's auto racing history.

This according to The Sports E-Cyclopedia

Signature intentionally left blank

I thought a Pacer was a really hideous car AMC built in the early 1970s and rose to quasi-popularity with the release of "Wayne's World". :D

If that's what the team was named for, they oughta switch and be the Gremlins. Or Pintos.

Seriously - AAO, didn't you have a Pacers uni/logo concept a while back, with the checkered flag motif? It looked like it might be your style, but I am not sure.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Maybe it was an Unwind23 I'm confusing yours with, because I remember that concept of yours.

Unrelated: whatever happened with the MLB redesign? I lost track of them somewhere, but I was into some of them.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

It might just be that it's a cut off at the neck profile view of a horse.

Sure there's been a bunch after the Broncos started it, but have their been any other major league sports teams with it? (It's possible there have, but I can't think of any. The Pistons did more than just cut off at the neck--plus they were first I think, and the Mavs have a different view.)

how?

just in the general shape of the horse, thats what he is refering to.

now for my c&c.

1) Excellent job bud, shows that you put some time is to this as it is more complete than some of the other stuff.

2. Switch the blue and white on the workmark and the horse, maybe get rid of the white altogether, and then go with a double yellow. right now it has too much white.

3. I like the font you chose. Italic is good for a name like the Pacers. The straight line treatment in the wordmark, not liking it so much. I believe you could make a more dynamic wordmark with a different treatment.

4. Size of the horse compared to the wordmark is too small. the logo has to be the center of attention, the wordmark secondary. also try bringing it all together into one solitary logo.

5. although the name was due to racing here in indy, this does work. he is pacing the field after all and we have two horse tracks within 30 minutes of indy. it can be tied in a few ways to the name. besides, a pace car can be absolutely anything as it changes by the year, by the league, and by the race.

I like it....Im not sold on it as the Pacers logo. I relate Pacers to the pace car they are named after and the vroooooom sound they play when they play. Other than that it makes no sense its a cool logo for something else.

If you decide not to use it for Indiana, you could make it your logo for the Murray State Racers, a college in Kentucky. They have the same colors.

Seriously - AAO, didn't you have a Pacers uni/logo concept a while back, with the checkered flag motif? It looked like it might be your style, but I am not sure.

Nope, that wasn't AAO- I forget who it was. His uniforms were great, though.

I did one a while back that steered clear of horses and cars, but used a touch of checkered flag at the bottom. Had no unis, so wasn't me.

Archived