Devil Rays 1998 Jersey

SeahawkDevil

I recently got an authentic orginal blank D-Rays jersey, and I'm hoping to get it customized.

1-Does anyone know what numbers I should use?

2-Suggestions on which name to put on? I'm thinking about doing Joey Gathright, but also considering Wade Boggs..

If it is a 1998 jersey with the Inaugural Season patch I would go with someone who played for the Rays in 1998.

1998 Tampa Bay Devil Rays Roster

There are not a lot of quality, memorable players to choose from, so I would probably go with Boggs. Prior to their April 7, 2000 home opener against the Indians the Rays retired Boggs' uniform #12.

artifact_29.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

To back up the Wade Boggs choice, he also hit the first home run in D-Rays' history-- the seat he hit it to in right field is yellow (instead of blue) and bears a small brass marker indicating it as the location where he hit the first homer.

I've got a picture with my daughter sitting next to seat; I'll post it if I can find it.....

It is what it is.

Go with Boggs. He is about the only guy who'd want to admit proudly that he was a member of the Devil Rays.

I was going to say Jim Morris (the guy who was in the Disney Movie: "The Rookie"), but he played in 1999 and 2000, so my bad.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

go with gathright urban legend has it he can jump over 3 cars hahaha read his bio on mlb.com it actually says it he was recuited by the drays because a scout saw him jumping a car in the parking lot oh and btw hes the fastest player in baseball period.

did i mention i like joey gathright

hahahhahahhaha

go with gathright urban legend has it he can jump over 3 cars hahaha read his bio on mlb.com it actually says it he was recuited by the drays because a scout saw him jumping a car in the parking lot oh and btw hes the fastest player in baseball period.

did i mention i like joey gathright

hahahhahahhaha

Gathright is my boy too, I asked him about the car thing and he said it was true. He's a really nice guy too, always throws us balls in CF and usually talks to my friends and I during the game.

Archived