Alouettes in a Blue Alternate

oz615

I agree its hard to see the numbers on the shoulders, while ur whatching them. Other than that i like the numbers in the front and back, and i also like the logo on their shoulder, never seen that logo before. They should of use these for their home uniforms.

4kv29i.jpg

Only one problem: the shoulder numbers. They're silver and don't fit within the blue portion on some players' jerseys, thus making them difficult to see. But that alternate logo is pretty shweet.

yeah i just notice that too,and because of that fact it put a damper on a potential great alternate jersey

I thought so :D

r1787372665.jpg

The numbers would be better white with the red outline--and why oh why doesn't someone on the Esks realize the all white unis don't fit with a yellow helmet--use the yellow pants...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I thought so :D

r1787372665.jpg

those are cool but they'd be 1000 times cooler if the side stripe on the jersey matched the stripe on the pants. I hate when teams do that ala buffalo bills navy pants.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

and why oh why doesn't someone on the Esks realize the all white unis don't fit with a yellow helmet--use the yellow pants

THANK YOU,my thouhts exactly,it would be nice if the ESKS wore either the yellow or their new green pants on the road for at least one game,i mean is that too much to ask??

and why oh why doesn't someone on the Esks realize the all white unis don't fit with a yellow helmet--use the yellow pants

THANK YOU,my thouhts exactly,it would be nice if the ESKS wore either the yellow or their new green pants on the road for at least one game,i mean is that too much to ask??

I think the white on white Eskies road uniforms look fine, as do the Ticats'. I've read several times on this board how monochrome uniforms look "high school". Pure BS?unless it's a compliment, since much fashion design originates with teenage trends.

It amazes me that on a website supposedly dedicated to promoting uniform design concepts and appreciation that so many members seem mired in traditional and conventional thinking. When I work with other professional designers and especially when I'm in a position to hire them freelance when my own workload requires it, I'd never hire anyone who expressed such dogmatic design tenets. Especially in a young designer, who should embrace change and risk in their work if they've got any hope of advancing in the design business. Any would-be designer who sticks to the tried and true has no future, unless it's his or her aspiration to design washroom door signage for a living. That's all any designer who recycles traditional concepts at the expense of uniqueness is destined for. It should be a senior designer or art director's chore to keep a young gun's wild ideas toned down and in tune with the clients' wishes, not have to prod them to think out of the box. Thinking out of the box should be where every young designer spends their every waking moment in front of their computer screen.

I think the white on white Eskies road uniforms look fine, as do the Ticats'. I've read several times on this board how monochrome uniforms look "high school". Pure BS?unless it's a compliment, since much fashion design originates with teenage trends.

It amazes me that on a website supposedly dedicated to promoting uniform design concepts and appreciation that so many members seem mired in traditional and conventional thinking. When I work with other professional designers and especially when I'm in a position to hire them freelance when my own workload requires it, I'd never hire anyone who expressed such dogmatic design tenets. Especially in a young designer, who should embrace change and risk in their work if they've got any hope of advancing in the design business. Any would-be designer who sticks to the tried and true has no future, unless it's his or her aspiration to design washroom door signage for a living. That's all any designer who recycles traditional concepts at the expense of uniqueness is destined for. It should be a senior designer or art director's chore to keep a young gun's wild ideas toned down and in tune with the clients' wishes, not have to prod them to think out of the box. Thinking out of the box should be where every young designer spends their every waking moment in front of their computer screen.

I have nothing against uni coloured unis per se--but there are some that don't work--for example--the Eskimos--the yellow helmet just looks out of place--I think it's because it's a lighter colour--darker colours work with white uni coloured unis because of the contrast--but bright colours don't...

If the helmet matches the uni colour it may even look better.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I have nothing against uni coloured unis per se--but there are some that don't work--for example--the Eskimos--the yellow helmet just looks out of place--I think it's because it's a lighter colour--darker colours work with white uni coloured unis because of the contrast--but bright colours don't...

If the helmet matches the uni colour it may even look better.

I used to not like the road white pants/jersey. But now I think it's okay... I fear the day the Esks wear green pants/jersey at home (which is supposed to happen this year as part of their 3rd uniform set). Wish they'd leave the pants gold for home.

Archived