2006 World Baseball Classic

Roger Clemente

Those are entirely servicable unis, but you've gotta figure they're really just visual placeholders for the press conference. Hopefully, each country will design and wear its own uniforms. (Holland and the USA have particularly nice national uniforms, and it's hard to see Cuba just wearing whatever unis the running-dog imperialists hand them on the day of the game. Nor do I see Japanese players, who already don't like the tournament, accepting MLB-designed standard uniforms instead of their own national kit.)

20082614447.png

Those are entirely servicable unis, but you've gotta figure they're really just visual placeholders for the press conference. Hopefully, each country will design and wear its own uniforms. (Holland and the USA have particularly nice national uniforms, and it's hard to see Cuba just wearing whatever unis the running-dog imperialists hand them on the day of the game. Nor do I see Japanese players, who already don't like the tournament, accepting MLB-designed standard uniforms instead of their own national kit.)

Hey, if they're free then why not? :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

These aren't the traditional national teams, are they? Not just the Olympic teams translated into a junior World Cup format?

You'rec probably right. Those uniform tops were probably just for the press conference. Hopefully teams will have their own styles and not look so "cookie-cutter," ala the '05 CFL.

And this morning Fidel turned down humanitarian aid from W saying he wouldn't take anything, not even a billion dollars. So if he's that stubborn, good luck on getting Cuba to wear a uniform from those dastardly imperialists. <_<

I'm really thinking those are templates. I'm guessing that the only part of those uniforms that are guaranteed to be on the final uniforms are the side piping with the logo (see the side of Carlos Beltran in the Puerto Rico shirt for a good idea).

I read in the FAQ that the National Federations (I.E. USA Baseball or Baseball Canada) will govern some aspects of the teams themselves, so I won't be surprised if we see a modified version of this for the USA:

122410_TOP.JPG

And this for Canada:

image10.jpg

Insert Witty Signature Here.

I could come up with better unis then those

In fact....I DID come up with better unis then those.

hey shark, do you still have your International Baseball unis online?

I'd love to see them again

Archived