Giants win franchise's 10,000th game

IronChefShark

But at least the Cards have more wins than losses.

-----

Hey, naaaah, the Giants won their 10,001th game... 6-0 against the sons! Out-hitted them 15-2! :notworthy:

Nobody misses Bonds (at least tonite)! :P

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Here's something interesting...

The next team to reach the 10,000 mark is...

The Cubs.

Here's the entire league as of earlier today:

San Francisco Giants

Chicago Cubs

Atlanta Braves

$10 says the Braves get there before the Cubs do.

The Cubs.

San Francisco Giants

Chicago Cubs

Atlanta Braves

Well to do that, the braves have to pretty much exactly double the cubs win total until they reach 10,000. The cubs have 140 wins til 10,000 while the Braves have 270 til the magic number. Judging by recent history, I'd say the cubs will do it sometime around the all-star break in 2007 while the braves do it around teh same time in 2008.

So, I'll take that bet. :P

Recent history also tells me that the Cards and Dodgers should get there sometime in 2009. Man, things you do when you decide to stay home on a friday night!

The Cubs.

San Francisco Giants

Chicago Cubs

Atlanta Braves

Well to do that, the braves have to pretty much exactly double the cubs win total until they reach 10,000. The cubs have 140 wins til 10,000 while the Braves have 270 til the magic number. Judging by recent history, I'd say the cubs will do it sometime around the all-star break in 2007 while the braves do it around teh same time in 2008.

So, I'll take that bet. :P

Recent history also tells me that the Cards and Dodgers should get there sometime in 2009. Man, things you do when you decide to stay home on a friday night!

That money is mine. :D

What's sad is that the Devil Rays are already 160 games behind their expansion counterparts.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

What's sad is that the Devil Rays are already 160 games behind their expansion counterparts.

Arizona will catch up in the loss column soon enough once Tampa Bay get contracted. :P

6uXNWAo.png

160 games behind, and 3 division titles behind, and don't forget the a World Series Short

Not to pick on ICS, but the title of this thread is a little misleading. I read it as the Giants won the franchise's 10,000th game played. Then again, I'm a complete idiot every now and then. It would read better, IMO, if it said "Giants notch 10,000 wins in franchise history" or something to that effect.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived