All i need is one color

Discrim

[in nas rhythm]

all i need is one color...*beats* all i need is one color...here the rules, kid

[/not in nas rhythm]

this week, you can pick any sport. any team. only requirement is that you use one color. yup, just one of the selected team's current colors.

allowed: white for designated jerseys and contrast

gray for baseball roads

powder blue for baseball roads if you use blue

the logo can still have multiple colors, but that's it.

not allowed: use of a second color other than those allowed

outlawed concept teams for Game 2:

New York Jets

Indianapolis Colts

New York Yankees

Penn State

Toronto Maple Leafs

L.A. Dodgers

Alabama

Tennessee

Georgia Southern

Texas Longhorns

Texas A&M

Wisconsin

Arizona Cardinals

Detroit Red Wings

Boston University

University of Toronto

Boston Celtics

Kentucky

Indiana Hoosiers

Jackson State Tigers

Arsenal

Liverpool

Ajax

Nigeria soccer

Mount Union

Celtic

Real Madrid

Juventus

more will be added soon, but i think i've covered the major 'one color' teams

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and to add, STL FANATIC come defend your Golden Pizza (hey, i gotta pay the bills, heehee)...ninerfan, sabres, come try and dethrone him.  all comers, if you are willing to use just one color, get at this thread.  

one more concept banned from competition:

Germany soccer

2016cubscreamsig.png

ok so u can pick a team like the NJ Devils and use only the Red and white?.....just an example

yes.  you wouldn't have to edit the logo, but otherwise no black.

2016cubscreamsig.png

well since Ive been doing my MCing of challenges, its only appropriate I finally enter one  :D

San Jose Sharks teal/white only concept

and I admit right off the bat, I probably should have used the "tradtional" sharks jersey cut. I was allready halfway through with it though and I got lazy and didnt feel like doing it over again

You forgot the New York Jets.

i was just thinking that when i woke up :D them and juventus are also banned for this.

2016cubscreamsig.png

shark, i have a feeling this is going to fare very well in voting.  the sharks are team teal, no way this could have been black.  and the sharks' current style was adapted to this contest very well.  i have nothing bad to say about this.

2016cubscreamsig.png

ohta: fukui-san!

fukui: yes ohta, go!

ohta: challenger SHB in a bold move has decided to BUMP the thread

fukui: well so far it looks like SHB's teal/white sharks concept is the only entry in this battle

doc hattori: yes it most certainly does hopefully the other challengers will unveil thier concepts soon

unnamed japanese actress: hee hee hee

Well, I figure I might as well join in the festivities...

Golden Pens

Sorry in advance about the format. Darn Appleworks won't let me save GIFT files...erg :angry: Hopefully PICT fies won't crash your harddrive or something.

(edit) I changed the picture to JPEG format, hope it isn't too, well, you know, how JPEGs get... (/edit)

Abbey.jpg

abbey, unfortunately i think your link caused my computer to freeze about an hour ago...i sort of thank you cus i took the time to eat breakfast and read about a cousin getting a school named after him.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Discrimihater

Posted on Aug. 05 2003,10:51

abbey, unfortunately i think your link caused my computer to freeze about an hour ago...i sort of thank you cus i took the time to eat breakfast and read about a cousin getting a school named after him.

Your welcome...wait! What's this "breakfast" you speak of?

Abbey.jpg

STL FANATIC

Posted on Aug. 05 2003,13:04

Abbey, you can however save them as .jpg and those are much easier on comps than pics. All I got was some funky text.

I knew about the JPEG thing, that's usually what I save my pictures as, but i figured that this might have a better quality. Don't ask what goes on in my head, i don't even want to know. I'll have a JPEG version up in a jiffy!

Abbey.jpg

i figure the spurs probably are one of the easiest of the teams allowed. i like what you did with this, unimaniac...reminds me of this card i have of the spurs' late 80s home jerseys.

Abbey, now that i've seen yours i am sort of torn...gold is, to say the least, an interesting choice.

chris, while this looks like the chiefs, the arch stripes give this that extra ooomph to differentiate things enough.

and...*antenna on fritz*

fukui: and welcome back to kitchen stadium, where the second DiscrimiBattle is raging on...what's caught your eye so far, dr?

hattori: well that shark, i like what he did with the sharks entry, i just couldn't see it being in black and i figure he couldn't either.

fukui: yes, that is true...and possibly the most eye-catching entry is by newcomer AbbeyBF42 with the Penguins.

ohta: fukui-san!

fukui: yes ohta, go!

ohta: here i am at Abbey's table, looking at...yes, he has used vegas gold as the primary color. one of my favorite trim colors, this is an interesting choice...i was sure he would have used black

fukui: thanks, ohta. and now in the booth with us is the organizer, Iron Chef Morimoto. Morimoto, who is the early favorite in your opinion?

Morimoto: well, i like SHB's Sharks teal, but when it all comes down to it, snowcap did an excellent job with the Colorado Avalanche, using their steel blue-like color as the primary and editing the 'A' and bigfoot logos to go with the jersey. i admit, maroon would have looked strange on this.

hattori: Morimoto, there are already five entries in. what will you do if there are more than ten, because there are two days remaining?

Morimoto: ah yes, i neglected to announce the deadline before. Deadline is 10 pm CT Thursday night...just two nights away. if there are ten or fewer entries, the poll will be here....but if there are more than ten, i will create a poll at the message board at the Discrim site. a nice problem to have, especially since i don't have to bump myself out this time :D

young japanese actress: tee hee hee

*transmission working again* sorry about the bad dubbing, fellas...iron chef was on :;):

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived