ANAHEIM HOCKEY

cyandlux

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really....from Mighty to plain old? Hmmmm....that seems silly, but Anaheim teams are doing that kind of stuff lately. What next? UCI will just be known as the eaters...you know pies, hotdogs etc.....

Is there any news or ideas about what the owners are thinking of changing the ducks too?

Yeah... the Ducks

i like plain old ducks. could make for a hell've a uni.

[you like the punctuation cc? :D ]

Is there any news or ideas about what the owners are thinking of changing the ducks too?

Yeah... the Ducks

Nope :P Hell've = Hell have, the word you were looking for is "of".

:D

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Yeah... the Ducks

Nope :P Hell've = Hell have, the word you were looking for is "of".

:D

dang it got me again.... ^_^

"The Anaheim Ducks of Los Angeles of SoCal Of California"

Seriously, that joke has been dead for months.

And, yes, just drop the mighty and put the city before the nickname, and we're good to go.

VmWIn6B.png

I like the idea of changing from "Mighty Ducks of Aneheim" to Anaheim Ducks.

Nothing wrong with ducks. Animal names are good and I prefer animals (even if they are not tough) to somthing that does not end in "s" (wild :cursing: )

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Guest robpas
My vote is the Seals or Golden Seals, anything to get away from the Disney concept!

Me too!!.....plus, there is an area nearby called Seal Beach, so it's not much of a stretch. Also, the new owner was exploring the possibility with the NHL of naming the team the Seals...

My vote is the Seals or Golden Seals, anything to get away from the Disney concept!

Me too!!.....plus, there is an area nearby called Seal Beach, so it's not much of a stretch. Also, the new owner was exploring the possibility with the NHL of naming the team the Seals...

AHA! thats what I was looking for! I knew their was a discussion of changing the name for 2006 and I was wondering what names were being thrown out there.

i too am in favor of either seals or golden seals. bets part is that they already have the base for a logo and colour set. just use the oakland seals original jerseys (the dark green and blue ones) and change the "O" behind the seal to an "A"

"The Anaheim Ducks of Los Angeles of SoCal Of California"

Seriously, that joke has been dead for months.

hey, a major leauge baseball team made a REALLY stuid deccision, and we, as fans of the game, are aloud to mock them for it as long as we feel like it. your problem is that it's your team. accept it. your team made a mistake. iv'e blamed the leafs, jays, argos, raptors, and rangers in the past for the mistakes they've made. you dont always have to stand by your team no matter what.

admit it: if any other team pulled that stupid namming deccision instead of the angels, you'd still be making fun of them. no team is perfect, not even your own.

What mistake? The team changed the name to encompass a larger media market to boost television contract revenue, while honoring the original lease by keeping Anaheim in the name. If that leads to higher spending on the field, I'm 100% for it.

And, last I checked, the Halos were in first, so what exactly went wrong there?

-back to topic-

I don't like the idea of renaming them to the Seals. Anaheim's actually more inland than other cities in the LA metro area, plus the Ducks made it to the Stanley Cup Finals, so there is some name recognition. Just change the logos, colors, and unis, call them the Anaheim Ducks, and everything's fixed.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived