Ottawa Senators Concept

eddie010

If some of you remember, a while ago I came up with a Sens concept featuring their X-Line logos. It was introduced to mixed reactions, mostly negative ones pertaining to the shunning of Ottawa's current classy primary. Just for nostalgia's sake, here it is:

nhl-ottawa-01.gif

I decided to revisit this concept, because the basics of my design I liked. I just needed to tweak a few minor details. And here's the finished product:

nhl-ottawa-03.gif

• Replaced the X-Line logo on the chest with Ottawa's current primary logo.
  • Replaced the shoulder X-Line logo with the Clocktower logo, which I ADORE.
  • Scrapped the laurel leaves around the helmet, because I don't see that happening in actuality.
  • Decided to keep the 'S' X-Line logo, because it works better than the shoulder logo on the Ottawa's white jerseys, and works way better than the 3D logo on their dark and alt, IMO.

Comments welcome. Critiques, not so much. :P

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

I really like it. I too dig that Clocktower logo, and would love to see more of it. The only thing that I can nitpick at is that the gold laurel striping along the sleeves might be a bit too thick and take away from the rest of the jersey. But if they switched to these tomorrow, I'd buy one.

I actually really like the X-line logo jerseys. I'd change the home helmet from red to black, and stick with the gold laurels (is that what they're called? Can't remember). Overall, nice work. However, there's some little voice in me that says the Sens should never drop the current, white-jersey classy logo.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Β 

• 4 weeks later...

Its surprising how much difference a good logo makes...I can't draw decent logos for the life of me, but it seems that just choosing the classier, more professional logo can make the concept look so so much better, even though neither logos are actually "yours".

I'm with everyone else, I like the more muted colors, especially the Old Gold, on the bottom concept. Laurel leaves are a nice touch, I like them a lot.

MUCH better ! but where is the barber pole? :D

Not ever Sens concept has to have a fluffing barberpole. Quit posting that every time. Good grief.

And, bulldog, was that necessary? No, I dont' think so.

Anyway, on to the concept... I dunno, I'm not sold on it. The biggest thing is that I'm having trouble seeing the Sens in red; seems like their primary jersey should be black, that's just entrenched in my mind for some reason. I like the laurel pattern, but I think it might be a bit much to have two lines of them running down the sleeves.

And I still think the Peace Tower shoulder patch is drab as all hell, but that's not your fault. ^_^

Very well executed, I like that you revisited this and cleaned it up (the X-line logo's fun, but not got for a crest, I don't think). I'm not just feeling it.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded |Β Behance portfolio

Β 

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Not ever Sens concept has to have a fluffing barberpole. Quit posting that every time. Good grief.

I realize your a mod here but thats only the first or second time I've ever posted that here. Maybe your confusing me with someone else?

I realize your a mod here but thats only the first or second time I've ever posted that here. Maybe your confusing me with someone else?

Sorry, my bad. It wasn't you, now that I look. It's just that two Sens concepts had the same thing posted on them in a short period of time.

So, consider that a collective rant at everyone. ^_^

I mean, I like the barberpole concept and all (spyboy1 has a great barberpole jersey that he got custom made... it's obviously not authentic then, but it looks great), but if every Sens concept had one, wouldn't that be awfully boring?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded |Β Behance portfolio

Β 

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Sorry, my bad. It wasn't you, now that I look. It's just that two Sens concepts had the same thing posted on them in a short period of time.

So, consider that a collective rant at everyone. ^_^

I mean, I like the barberpole concept and all (spyboy1 has a great barberpole jersey that he got custom made... it's obviously not authentic then, but it looks great), but if every Sens concept had one, wouldn't that be awfully boring?

I did see that thread and man was I envious. It looked so good.

Archived