Barry Bonds not to play this season!

yankeeman161

Well, Unless you've been under a rock for most of the season or realized how poorly the San Francisco Giants have played, you've noticed something missing from the Giants' lineup: one Barry Bonds. Bonds has not played most of this season, still recovering from off season knee surgery. It was a guessing game about when Barry would return. Some thought by the All Star break, after the All Star Break, or by this month to build on his 703 home runs and pass Babe Ruth for second on the all time list.

Well you can count out seeing Barry Bonds play in 2005.

A few hours ago, MLB.com reported that Barry will not play at all in the 2005 season. So, we have to wait till next year to see Bonds reach 715.

Here's the story: Major League Baseball : News : Major League Baseball News

Now in my personal opinon, I think Barry Bonds has been hiding from the steroid controversy and was using his knee injury to look for symphany from the press and the fans to back off from him and to get other players. Well Barry gets NO symphany from me and you know, if he wants the fans to get behind him again in his quest for 755, just take the steroid test and take ur lumps if it's positive. Running from the problems will ony make people doubt you more and when and if he gets to 755, he will be the most hated player in the game.

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

I think you are right. He is hiding and waiting for all of this to blow over. The problem is he is getting old. I don't see him playing for the Giants. I see him finishing up as a DH somewhere (Tampa Bay?)

I don't think he will ever catch Aaron. It will be a tragedy if he passes Ruth

He's got no reason to come back...

Have you SEEN the Giants this year? Sheesh, I'd take my sweet time coming back too...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Gotta wait for all those 'roids to pass through his system.

My thoughts exactly!

I also thought that.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

My thoughts exactly!

I also thought that.

same here. i hope he never comes back. he admitted to using steroids, he cheated to get the numbers he got. if i had it my way he would be stripped of all the records he has attained and he'd be banned from the mlb for life. hell, let pete rose in, kick bonds out.

My thoughts exactly!

I also thought that.

same here. i hope he never comes back. he admitted to using steroids, he cheated to get the numbers he got. if i had it my way he would be stripped of all the records he has attained and he'd be banned from the mlb for life. hell, let pete rose in, kick bonds out.

Same. I forgot to add him to my list in the "What do you hate?" topic.

teamsnew2.png

You know tahst possible there were rumors the year and half Jordan sat out in NBA it was because of his gambling.

What?

I'll agree with the others about Bonds taking a break to flush the steroids from his system.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

There were rumors floating around 1994 that the real reason Jordan retired the first time from Basketball was the NBA was not happy about his obscene bets on golf and obscene bets on poker.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

There were rumors floating around 1994 that the real reason Jordan retired the first time from Basketball was the NBA was not happy about his obscene bets on golf and obscene bets on poker.

Thank you for clarifying, I was 7 at the time, so I never heard that.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Archived