Ot: massive power outage

CrookedThumb

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CNN blows goats compared to Fox News...

Canada is saying Lightning struck the plant.(It Didn't)

That moron PM Cretien is saying it was the ConEd plant in NYC (It wasn't)

Fact is, no one really knows 100% what happened, although it does seem to all point to the Niagra-Mohawk plant...

Some places are getting power back slowly but surely. And latest estimates for NYC is around the 1am hour they hope to be getting most ofthe power back on.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I'm happy to say that I'm back, but it'd suck to be the people across the street from me 'cause they're not.  My cable is still out, though, which means whatever part of the city that Comcast is located in is still dark.  It was kinda creepy driving around tonight.  Really eerie (sp?).

The TV told me that Detroit would be out for days.  If it's true, I predict some large roiting.  I mean it's Detroit, they're bound to loot something. :;):

FOX News:  Making "Fair and Balanced" the most ironic statement since "reasonable doubt".

It appears NYC will be ok shortly. I dunno about the rest of the Northeast though.

Fox News is more fair and balanced than the liberal mouthpieces of CBS, ABC, CNN, and NBC. You watch them you only get one side. At least on Fox you get all sides.

sB9ijEj.png

Hope everyone is ok.  Haven't heard from New Yawk Seahawk, Snowcap, and Chris.  

Hey welcome to your version of the California power crisis...sort of.  Actually in 1995 or '96 we had a similar situation on the West Coast.  I had just left for a 49ers-Chargers preseason game and the game went on with temporary power in the stadium.  Of course it was 116 degrees at my house, and the very unusual hot temperature (and no wind) at Candlestick of 92 degrees.  If you've ever been to a game at the 'Stick, it barely gets past 60 degrees with a swirling wind that picks up every 15 seconds.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Jay Leno on the power outage: "obiese kids will have to walk to mcdonald's"

secondly, JQK...you're calling OUR leader a moron?!?!

in every news show or channel, or newspaper you ONLY ever get one side of the story. ONLY. you are ALWAYS told someones opinion. it may be subtle, but next time you watch a report, listen to the TOPICS that a reporter might discuss, or the things they mention FIRST or chose to "tack" on at the end. CNN loves action but is way too hungry. they are the birthmothers of fear in america. Here is my proof that you only see one side and that discovering that everything has MANY sides. you may find these other sides relieve fear and may actually make you THINK! imagine!

one of the first things they said on CNN was "this is not terrorism" like i stated before...but why even MENTION that?! to scare people. that's all!

On CBC in Canada, they were showing empty calm streets, people having fun in bars and yes, even the bad - crimes like looting. Up here it's not "don't worry canada, no one is going to kill you this time" it's "the americans are being told to keep being scared, but not panic" i think it's all just practice for emergency people and the govt. not to scare people, but to try and raise their level of prepardness for the future. you can train and train the army, coast guard, police etc but you don't pass the class unless you pass the test, or at least prove your worthyness.

the power failure was a fail-safe plan - there is no wide spread panic or looting because everyone instantly thinks 9/11 and co-operates. In canada people think like american might have thought before 9/11. can you imagine this happening BEFORE 9/11? perhaps more chaos.

I'm not a Conspiriacy theorist, i'm just telling you the other side of the story, proving that the news ALWAYS only tells you one.

now what if this was a complete coincidence? what if old lady miller plugged in her curling irons and broke the final straw? what if it was YOU plugging in your shaver? they say lighting and no one can agree, that means becuase one person is RIGHT and one person won't admit to being WRONG. think about it. one side has to start this though, so who is trying to stay out of it? one side wants out of this all and i'm not sure yet who it is.

the thing is, this IS a complete coincidence. lighting, a squirell, a govt. test. if they say it's not terrorism, TRUST me, it's not. if THEY say.

imagine a wonderful world without electricity. how much more pure and healthy we'd be.

i think the real breaking news is that we are evolving out of a technological garbage dump (vonnegut calls it the "Dark Ages") and leaping head first into a Renaissance. Think positive and don't listen to the swine.

Vancouver 2010 Two Man Luge Gold Medalist.

http://www.geocities.com/oilfaninvan

yea that thing sucked!!!!

my power went back on at 12:30 am so im OK. some other parts in my town didnt go on until an hour ago so i guess i lucked out. it was so hot in the house. 85 friggin degrees. couldnt see :censored: either. but it was fun. i guess this is how it was in the 20's :D

my dad had to walk 20 blocks, go back to his office, walk anoheer 20 blocks and go over the 59th street bridge! all with penny lofters and a heel spurt!! thank god he met this guy who drove him home

news yesterday said that ohio would take days to fix. i really dont think this was "an act of god". something is just not rite IMHO.

i hope every1 is ok! :)

untitled-1.png

Now they're saying the problem started in Ohio.

I don't know where they got the Niagara Falls lightning theory to begin with. The NWS cannot confirm any lightning strikes in the area... and it was a clear & sunny day here in Western New York.  Last night, the Niagara Falls Power Project was denying any problems at all.

Not all of WNY was impacted (my power was out a work, but not at home 3 miles away). The city of Buffalo was unaffected, but most of the suburbs were out.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

they said that areas near the Niagra-Mohawk plant had power not long after the time it happened. Long Island is said to have 90% back, queens isnt totally back because my grandma lives there and she doesnt have power yet. by monday hopefully this would be fine.

and for anyone interested, this is the areas affected

8997990.jpg

untitled-1.png

Lansing, MI, is 80% back as of sometime this morning.

Detroit isn't expected to be back for a couple days.  DTE Energy does the electricity for Detroit and they've got serious problems.  I talked to a guy at Consumers Energy, the company that does most of the rest of Michigan's power, and he said (I might be wrong here 'cause I didn't exactly take notes) that DTE's isolation systems blew out when the surges went through yesterday, and that all of their plants are completely down.

The lightning theory was from canadian officials.

All the american officials are sayingi sthat they are investigating what happened. The Canadian officials are the ones spouting off with the wild theories.

sB9ijEj.png

The whole thing where I live was wierd. I live in Morris county New jersey. It's in north jersey half way between Penn. and NYC. The town I live in had power, it just went out for 2 sec. but all the towns around mine didn't. I don't know why, it was very wierd.

Everyone i know from Morris had their power.

Do you live near CCM?

(for the rest of you that's County College of Morris, not the hockey company...)

sB9ijEj.png

Archived