Ot: massive power outage

CrookedThumb

The lightning theory was from canadian officials.

All the american officials are sayingi sthat they are investigating what happened. The Canadian officials are the ones spouting off with the wild theories.

I beg to defer.  If i remember correctly it was also New York officials saying a technical problem in Canada started it.

1zqy8ok.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Makes me feel proud to live in Cape Breton, where our only connection to the rest of North America is one rotating bridge.

This situation here on this board looks likened to a bomb being dropped, and we're rooting through the rubble looking for the survivors.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

All the american officials are sayingi sthat they are investigating what happened. The Canadian officials are the ones spouting off with the wild theories.

I beg to defer. If i remember correctly it was also New York officials saying a technical problem in Canada started it.

The only think american officials said is that they were looking into it. The press were the ones running with theories.

And even their theories have the problem centered at the Niagra-Mohawk plant.. which i think is on the American side of the falls...

I do think Canada had something to do with it.... why with your Molson Bubbas and your Our Lady Peace, your Rush and your 110 yard football fields.... 110 yards.. the lengh of EVIL!!!! :P

(In case any of you canucks get offended, i'm just playing around. We all know 110 yards isin't the lengh of evil.... but Rush is.. Rush is definantly evil...)

:P

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

(In case any of you canucks get offended, i'm just playing around. We all know 110 yards isin't the lengh of evil.... but Rush is.. Rush is definantly evil...)

Hey, now, don't go messin' with Geddy, Alex and Neil!  Just because they should have stopped making new records in 1985 is no reason to brand them evil!  OK, there was that whole pentagram issue on the cover of 2112, but still . . . .

I beg to defer. If i remember correctly it was also New York officials saying a technical problem in Canada started it.

The only think american officials said is that they were looking into it. The press were the ones running with theories.

And even their theories have the problem centered at the Niagra-Mohawk plant.. which i think is on the American side of the falls...

I do think Canada had something to do with it.... why with your Molson Bubbas and your Our Lady Peace, your Rush and your 110 yard football fields.... 110 yards.. the lengh of EVIL!!!! :P

1. I'm American and I love OLP. What does that say about me? :)

2. The Power Authority plant is on the American side in Lewiston, very close to Niagara University.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

Hello?  Can anyone hear me?

I hate power outages   :P

My power just came back on, yeah, now, at 5:45pm ET.  Twenty-Six hours after the blackout began.  And we are being warned not to get too comfy, we are in rotating blackouts (where they transfer power from one grid to the next every 2 hours).

Who cares about who's fault it was, it was really noones fault, these things happen naturally.  Of course our wonderful mayor had to open his mouth and make things worse for everyone here by saying "When have you ever heard the Americans take blame for anything?"  So we'll see how this turns out.

What did I do today...  hmmm... I waited in line at Oshawa's only working gas station for 95 minutes, then ran to the only working bank machine, I was next in line when the power went back out.  So hungry  :(   So very hungry.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Good to see you back, Fearless Leader.

This all most likely won't be back to running as normal until sometime next week. So the rolling blackouts and periotic surges are going to be common all weekend.

I'm sure you'l have fun...

God Bless the PDM Grid!!!

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Wow! Power was finally restored in my house at 6:30 pm! ET Here's what my family went through:

We got gas in the morning when the line ups were not as long! Got dinner last night at a hot dog stand, breakfast at a Tim Hortons :D and Lunch at a Chinese restaurant! :) and a salad for dinner.

Then went to Waterloo to pick up my brother from university! As soon as we got home: EUREKA! POWER!  :D

It was actually nice to go without power for this long. It got people together and for once we get to relax from the hassles of a fast-paced society.

It just goes to show how much we depend on electricity, huh?

I saw, I came, I left.

I guess I was in one of the last areas to get full power back. [Last night around 11]. It didnt help that some dumbass missed a turn on my street and hit a power poll thing.

I'm actually hoping for more blackouts because this one was so peaceful. I live a block from a highway [LIE] and for once it was dead quiet.

Archived