LA Kings re-colorization

SteelCity77

LosAngelesKings.jpg

I took the black out of the color scheme (except for the shoulder logo) and added the classic yellow but toned down a bit. I think it will stand out but not hurt the fan's eyes. Also I made the jerseys the same color beneath the bottom striping where it says "Los Angeles" and tinkered with the purple too.

Those colours just aren't quite sitting right with me. Then again, I really like the Kings' current set.

Same. That color just doesnt really work imo. It also doesnt look very goldish to me. It looks more dark yellow.

teamsnew2.png

I don't see what's so gloomy about the Kings current set anyway. They're a pretty good design, if you ask me (but then again, I'm biased...).

Yellow/gold just doesn't work on this logo. I like the purple idea, but I think what they have now is a tough hand to beat.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

I like these about as much as the current set. My biggest issues with the current Kings' set has nothing to do with the colors:

1. "LOS ANGELES" written along the waistline hem

2. the chunky, awkward numbers... especially the tomahawk being used for a "1"

3. not crazy about the font used for the player names, either

That aside, I like the return to purple and gold. Silver and black was such a blatant play for cashing in on the "black jerseys sell, so we'll sell our souls and history out to make money" craze (and Raider fans?). Besides, the purple and gold reminds fans of L.A.'s winningest team, not a team that packed up its stuff and went back home to NorCal.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I don't see what's so gloomy about the Kings current set anyway. They're a pretty good design, if you ask me (but then again, I'm biased...).

Yellow/gold just doesn't work on this logo. I like the purple idea, but I think what they have now is a tough hand to beat.

I said they were "gloomy" because I found that the current purple/black colors they had now were kinda too dark. My main goal here was to bring back the gold/dark yellow to the jerseys and just all around brighten them up a bit.....

I like these about as much as the current set. My biggest issues with the current Kings' set has nothing to do with the colors:

1. "LOS ANGELES" written along the waistline hem

2. the chunky, awkward numbers... especially the tomahawk being used for a "1"

3. not crazy about the font used for the player names, either

That aside, I like the return to purple and gold. Silver and black was such a blatant play for cashing in on the "black jerseys sell, so we'll sell our souls and history out to make money" craze (and Raider fans?). Besides, the purple and gold reminds fans of L.A.'s winningest team, not a team that packed up its stuff and went back home to NorCal.

And now for a rebuttal from a Kings fan: :D

1. I don't know. I kinda think the "LOS ANGELES" across the hem is unique and makes the set stand out. But I've heard this complaint a lot, so I digress.

2. Yes, those numbers are quite large (my Robitaille jersey's numbers are wider than my own back), but they no longer use the "tomahawk 1". I believe they dropped the serif after the 2002-03 season (not sure, though....could be 01-02).

3. What is the font anyway? Verdana? Yeah, it's hardly original, but these other things we've mentioned kinda make up for that, I guess.

And about the Raiders colour scheme of '88: McNall needed to get the money to pay Gretzky--and find his way into jail--from somewhere, didn't he? B) Plus, the Kings can at least say they went to black before everyone and his dog did (minus Boston and Pittsburgh, of course).

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

I just want to ask; what is everyone's obsession with re-coloring stuff, it's really starting to get out of control. Honestly I think it's just a way to pad your posts.

Can we please stop with the re-coloring and get back to ORIGINAL concepts, or hell, even partially original concepts of changing a current teams look, or modernizing an old look, just something that takes thought and skill.

I actually liked the Kings black and silver set.

Back to the topic at hand: This is a nice set, but I think the black looks good with the current sweaters. I have to agree that this is just about as good as what they currently have. Maybe try keeping the black but adding more gold to lighten up the jersey.

I just want to ask; what is everyone's obsession with re-coloring stuff, it's really starting to get out of control. Honestly I think it's just a way to pad your posts.

Can we please stop with the re-coloring and get back to ORIGINAL concepts, or hell, even partially original concepts of changing a current teams look, or modernizing an old look, just something that takes thought and skill.

the point of these re-colorizations (atleast the way I see it) is that I like the jersey/layout but I dont think the colors of the jersey fit it very well. So I keep the layout of the jersey and simply add the colors I think make it look better. I dont think it is something worth doing a whole concept over, just a few changes.

Yes, those numbers are quite large (my Robitaille jersey's numbers are wider than my own back), but they no longer use the "tomahawk 1". I believe they dropped the serif after the 2002-03 season (not sure, though....could be 01-02).

You are absolutely right - the "Tomahawk 1" is dead. But yet on the official Kings' online shop, they preview the authentic jerseys with the tomahawk-style. Go figure.

What is the font anyway? Verdana? Yeah, it's hardly original, but these other things we've mentioned kinda make up for that, I guess.

I think it is Verdana. Meh, I guess it's not the worst thing in the world - it just never meshed with the big clunky numbers - which, by the way, look anything but regal.

Plus, the Kings can at least say they went to black before everyone and his dog did (minus Boston and Pittsburgh, of course).

True. But I always dug the inferable connection to the Lakers, and their winning tradition. Whatever Big Bruce had to do to, I guess he did.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived