NC State Football concept

dgnmrwrw

OK, let me preface by addressing the AWFUL changes that my Wolfpack made last season, when they went to the Falcons-style uniforms.

1. Copying a unique template. To me, this is the Falcons' look. Though I don't really like it, it was fairly original when it came out, and I hate it when teams just copy a new, snazzy template and change the colors (see: Denver Broncos).

acc0918040296.jpg

2. Doesn't match the style of the helmet. NC State has been wearing the clean white helmet with the red stripe since 2000, when Chuck Amato came to town. This was a big step toward simplicity, and the unis of the Philip Rivers era reflected that:

sp-rivers-TimLytvinenko.gif

3. WAY too much black. Our official colors are red and white; they are even named in the first line of the fight song. I've always thought that they should de-emphasize black as much as possible.

So, to go back toward the ideas of simplicity and red-and-white over black, here's my concept. It's very simple, but I think it's more appropriate than what we currently use. I used the single red stripe from the helmet as the basis for the other stripes. I also think our basketball team should try to eliminate black as much as possible, but that's another concept for another day. The only black I used is on the Block S logo, because it really is needed to distinguish the S from the N and C.

NCSU.gif

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

What was the point? The jerseys are barely different.

These are slightly different from the Rivers-era uniforms (2000-2003). The changes are: eliminated all black except in the logo; added pants stripe; added shoulder stripe; changed typefaces; eliminated any use of red pants.

The Atlanta Falcons-style uniforms that State began using last season and continue to use this season are the ones I propose changing.

25791.jpeg

Even with my hate for all things NC State ^_^ , I really like these and their simplicity. My favorite look in football is an all white combo, and these work really well. Very nice job!

oh..and Go Heels on 9/24!

Gotta agree with the all-white comment. It looks great on just about any team.

i really liked the Uni's they wore during the Rivers Era. i wish i could get my hands on the nike one they had out right after his last season. i saw it at the Finish Line in the Cary Towne Center right before i moved to Fayetteville man i am kicking myself not getting it.

if they do redo the jerseys i say they should use that old format or do a Penn State type jersey but red and white....where if you are wearing the red jerseys right where the band on the sleave in is white. and vice versa

and how come you didnt do an Red on Red verision for big games?

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

I like it. It's a retro NC State look:

f29b07ce.jpg

i am not a big fan of the over the shoulder look

kinda wish they would wear a red helmet when they have on the white jereseys...kinda like they did with Mike O'Cain was still there(who wasnt a bad coach just got the raw end of the deal)

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

love or hate Penn State, they know not to mess with a good thing. They may be drab, they may be boring, but when you see the simple blue & white, you think penn state.

NCS (and a number of other old programs-- miami & usc, are you listening?) ought to reconsider.

dgnmrwrw, you have it right: simple, classy, timeless.

I really like those uniforms. Great job.

One thing, though. If black is used just as trim, don't worry about it. Red and white are still the school colors, not red, white and black. N.C. State has used black sparingly, unlike some schools and pro teams that go hog wild with black. To that I say good job, N.C. State.

I am also a hater (nah, let's make that disliker... I spent a lot of time in Raleigh, and I save my hatred for UVA :evil: ) of all things NCSU (GO HEELS!), but these are nice. But when I think of just red and just white, it's hard not to think of Nebraska. Especially with the white helmets and the single red stripe (even though the NCS monogram is lightyears better now than the diamond shape they wore when I was at UNC).

NCSU can get away with a little black here and there. The old "Struttin' Wolf" was black, as are the wolf heads in the new marks. I'm not advocating an all-black takeover, but even during the Rivers Era it was used properly - outlining the numbers, on the helmet logo. Even let it be a stripe border. And I am a huge fan of the over-the-shoulder ("Colts") striping. It says football a lot more than the garish "Bronco" and "Falcon" templates, plus the nonsense Miami springs on the public with disturbing regularity.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived