Fantasy Football Sleepers

Cujo

My fantasy football draft is coming up soon for the 12-man team leage I run and I'm actually just now starting to put together a draft list. This has got to be the toughest year to draft because there are no real solid locks besides Manning and Tomlinson. Anyways, I was just wanting to know if anyone had any "darkhorses" that I could consider taking in a later round (after the 5th) that could have breakout years. I'm thinking DeShawn Foster at running back myself. Opinions or suggestions anyone?

6uXNWAo.png

I like WR Nate Burleson (sp?) of the Vikings to breakout, as well as RB Kevin Jones of the Lions. They are vital cogs to what will be two powerful offenses. Burleson is going to be Dante Culpepper's #1 target now that Randy Moss is gone and Jones led the league in rushing the second half of last season.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

My sleepers starting lineup:

QB: Carson Palmer (CIN)

RB: Julius Jones (DAL)

RB: Priest Homes (KC)

WR: Roy Williams (DET)

WR: Chad Johnson (CIN)

TE: Jeremy Shockey (NYG)

K: Jose Cortez (DAL)

D: Indianapolis

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

My sleepers starting lineup:

QB: Carson Palmer (CIN)

RB: Julius Jones (DAL)

RB: Priest Homes (KC)

WR: Roy Williams (DET)

WR: Chad Johnson (CIN)

TE: Jeremy Shockey (NYG)

K: Jose Cortez (DAL)

D: Indianapolis

Priest Holmes? Chad Johnson? theres no possible way those are sleepers.

Holmes was heading for 20 TDs last year until he was injured late, and Chad Johnsons led the AFC in recieving 2 years in a row.

My Sleeper picks are:

WR Nate Burleson

TE Heath Miller

RB JJ Arrington

RB Mike Anderson

WR Charles Rogers

JJ arrington definately. Also Kurt Warner would be a solid pick up later.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

...Priest Holmes? Chad Johnson? theres no possible way those are sleepers.

I picked Holmes as a sleeper based on actual production, not potential production.

And, yes, I do believe Johnson is a sleeper. Palmer only passed for 2800 yards. If Palmer raises his totals to, say, 3200-3300, that's probably 'bout 200 more yards for Johnson...

Chad Johnson had a great year, don't get me wrong. However, he could potentially raise up to nearly 1600 yards/15 TD.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Roy Williams is no sleeper either. He's the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. If he can stay healthy, he should put up T.O. type numbers (and threaten to holdout next year too :P ).

I would also like to add WR Lavernues Coles of the Jets. Chad Pennington is thrilled to have his boy back and Coles has a great deal to prove after two lackluster seasons in Washington.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

LaMont Jordan, Oakland Raiders

Everyone's focused on Oakland's passing game, that Jordan will make a big impact on Oakland's offence. Remeber, Norv Turner was the Offensive Co-Ordinator to Emmit Smith and Ricky Williams when they were in their prime. I drafted him in the MLF and I'm sure that he'll do a great job for me.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Obviously, some of y'all don't know what "sleeper" means when it comes to fantasy sports or football.

My sleepers are....

Frank Gore

Antonio Bryant

Kurt Warner

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

This is sort of a sleeper, but he's a great player.

Shaun Alexander. He should do better than last year because it seems he is tired of being a Seahawk AND its his contract year. I expect big things out of Shaun this year. About 1800 yards and 17-21 touchdowns.

Also, some other sleepers I think will do good are Nate Burleson (WR, Min), Michael Clayton (WR, TB), Larry Fitzgerald (WR, Ari), Larry Johnson (RB, KC), and Mike Anderson (RB, Den).

Kris Wilson TE Kansas City

He's going to be used. The Offensive Co-Ordinator loves him. Teams will double on Tony G and it could leave Wilson open a lot. The guy looks pretty good.

Larry Johnson is also a good sleeper. The guy looks amazing. Busted a long TD this weekend against the SeaChickens.

Roy Williams is no sleeper either.  He's the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.  If he can stay healthy, he should put up T.O. type numbers (and threaten to holdout next year too  :P ).

I would also like to add WR Lavernues Coles of the Jets.  Chad Pennington is thrilled to have his boy back and Coles has a great deal to prove after two lackluster seasons in Washington.

Both these would thrill me to no end as i have Williams and Pennington on my MLF team :D

Heath Miller will be a valuable pickup,and i would reckon availible in mid rounds too.

Larry Johnson would be a good one,because as fragile as Holmes is,you know LJ is gonna play,and hes good

And that guy rookie RB from the Steelers who runs like a 4.3 40 or something like that.I heard there lookin for ways to get him involved so ya never know

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Not Only Larry Johnson_KC Cheifs,

The Vikings Defense has been picked to be much improved and with the talent they have on the D-line, look out. Sprinkle a few of the ARI Cardinal skill players too.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived