Washington Capitals

P.I.L.L.

Well, I'll tell you what, I REALLY like that Capitals logo, very creative. The eagle is coming along well, but the right side looks a bit odd, but still, it's your own unique touch.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

No comments on the logos, although I'm sure the more knowledgable graphic designers here will pick up the slack. However, I do have a couple of critiques on the uniform design:

--I would rethink how you're handling the sleeve design. I like the idea of putting stars on the sleeve (as an homage to the Caps 1974-95 uniforms), but it's just too plain right now. If it were me, I'd get rid of one of the stars and space them closer together near the bottom of the sleeve. In lieu of the star that gets removed, I would add a sleeve number and a secondary logo patch on the shoulders (I'd use the "W" logo for the red home and white away jerseys, and the CAPITALS crest on the alternate jersey).

--The number font you've chosen is a good one, but you would do well to try a few alternatives and see if there's something you might like better and is a better fit for the concept. I just can't think of anything better off the top of my head.

--The font used for the names on the back screams "rec league". Why not just use a non-serifed, standard condensed Pro Block font instead?

Other than that, nothing else to offer. It's coming along well.

QPR%20Sig.png

obviously what moser said.

my suggestions:

im not a big fan of having seperate primary logos on the home and away. its an issue i have with teams like the thrashers. i'm really not liking having seperate primary for home, away and alts.

personally I would put the dome logo on the home jersey so you have the same primary for the home and away.

I like the eagle logo, my suggestion is to use it as an alternate logo and put it on the alternate jersey. Maybe move the dome logo to the shoulders of the alternate.

Now the W logo, this logo is more suited for shoulder logo than a primary. I suggest putting it on the shoulders of the home and away. (obviously the stars would need to be moved to the bottom of the jersey as mentioned in a earlier post. Though, i'm not sure if there is room for the stars.)

i probably would make the jerseys a bit larger.

With all that said, I really like where this is going. Not sure if want the caps to wear it but as a concept this is really comming along. There again, im not sure what anyone could design that everyone would be happy to see the caps wear. So you're not going to make everyone happy, take everyone suggestions, do what you think is best and go with it. Which is all you can do.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I really like the capitals crest, it's got everything there, not overly complicated either, and good to get back to those colours. I like the idea of having the eagle as shoulder patch, because i too prefer one primary logo and for that to appear on home and away jerseys, but also i really like the eagle as a strong symbol and Washington as much as any should find cause to use it.

The stars on the sleeve are a nice touch but i think practically speaking with numbers it would look a bit crowded. Perhaps around the cuff or on the inside gussets, but they wouldn't be the most original places, been done on the allstar jerseys and on th ecurrent Tri-city americans WHL jersey, but wort incorporating somewhere if it doesn't comprimise the design.

The 'W' is nice, but it almost just looks a bit skinny. Wish I could offer a technical explaination but that is what my first and subsequent thought was. I do like the star as the eye though.

But for sure an improvement on what they have now i really like it.

• 3 weeks later...

Christos, I don't know man. I'm not feeling either of them.

On the dome: With all of the different treatments, it feels like a minor league logo. Simplify it and that will help. Also the puck isn't needed with the sticks already in it.

On the eagle: Its probably time to restart this one from scratch. I'm just not feeling this one at all.

I like the dome logo, except for one thing. Right now "APIT" is the only part of the word that is vertical. I would prefer the "PITA" be the only vertical part. Then it would be centered. The eagle still looks like work in progress. I don't really like the sharp thin lines defining the beak/mouth area.

LT

The bird looks like Screech. That's not good.

That's Screech, as in the Nats' mascot. Not the Saved By The Bell nerd.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Archived