Washington Capitals

P.I.L.L.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:blink: isn't this board about CONCEPTS ?... ie: designs that may or may not be finished yet... usually, I'm "satisfied" w/ the overall concept / feel of the design... it's just the fine DETAILS that I'd like help w/ at this point...

guess they need to come up w/ a new category for UNFINISHED designs, needing constructive criticism

Minimize your color palette. Your jersey stripes suggest a red, white and blue color scheme.

But here are the colors I count: white, black, light blue, gold, darker gold, dark blue, and a dark blue/black gradient. Wayyyy too many.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I don't mind that he used a lot of colors in the logo. Many teams do that. The Steelers, for example, don't use grey, red, or blue as their uniform colors, just the logo.

What I don't like is that the logo is colored differently on each jersey. It should be the same on both.

And I also don't see this as a Capitals jersey either.

But not bad. Good start.

All in all, it could work.

But why does the bird's head look like someone smeared it against the jersey? There are smears/motion lines/feathers/??? trailing from both sides of the jersey but in conflicting directions. Which makes it look like the head is being mashed together from the top right and bottom left, respectively. Motion should be in one direction. If that's your aim, there are other ways to achieve it. If it's not, it looks like somebody assaulted the bird.

Blue jersey needs more white. Blue and red are codominant colors, and are fairly dark. White will set them off better and liven up the whole thing.

Overall observation: this concept needs borders. No borders on the white jersey, no borders on the crest logo... everything sort of melds into everything else. Makes everything look less sharp, if you get me.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

What I don't like (as if it mattered :D):

-The bird's head, it's too abstract. Out of the box is cool and all, but this ain't working.

-No stars. The Capitals must have stars on the jersey, it's like a rule or something.

However, there are more things I really like about this concept than I dislike:

-The eyes

-The beak

-The striping (though you should have white striping on the blue jersey where the blue striping is on the white jersey)

-That you can actually tell what the hell this is (unlike the hurricane or the oriole)

-That it is not the Washington Baseball Club concept.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived