2005 NFL Preivew

NJTank

I wish that more Mikes got fired ^_^

Im pretty sure the Chefs didn't finish last.....

There is now ay I can see the Viqueens with a .500 season. The Lions? Their OLine is pretty bad, Harington blows.....He makes Kyle Boller look like a star. Having 3 young receivers does not equal a good offense. They'll be handing off to Jones to much, and their going to get massacred. I think the Bears are actually better than them.

The Steelers are going to get brutalized IMO. A ridiculoius schedule, a tough division. They have no running game I think. Bettis is a nonfactor anymore IMO, and Duce just isn't going to do it all. They lost their star receiver, and Roethlisberger is so overrated. I see a sub .500 season, and a 3rd place finish.

I really like your Dallas pick, as well as the Zona. New Orleasn is going to be great I think, and I think Tampa will finish last for sure. Their D isnt the same, and Griese will struggle. Atlanta has a very tough schedule. I love their defense, but Vick is overrated, and he has no receivers minus Crumpler. Their running game won't be nearly as good.

Thats some of my thoughts. I always look forward to your predictions, nice job!

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

I don't think Gibbs will be fired. Not yet anyway. He's too much of a legend, and would be a bad PR move.

As for Sherman, sometimes a contract extension is the kiss of death. I think if the team falls under .500, Mike is gone.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I like Dallas, Philadelphia, Green Bay, Carolina, New Orleans, Atlanta, and Arizona battling it out for 6 playoff spots. I like Indy, New England, Jets, Baltimore, Oakland, Jacksonville....My Super Bowl Prediction: Baltimore and Carolina

Pat, I agree with your review.

Thanks chief103182, at least some has common sense. The Chiefs will the AFC West this season! San Diego is going to drop off a little, Denver is going downhill and the Raiders! I'm tired of people saying just because they got Moss they going to be mad good. The defense is still horrible! Every year there is a surprise team and believe it's the CHIEFS year.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Great read, Tank. I'm not going to criticize your predictions, I just wanted give you props on the writing. Very nice job. My 3 personal favorites:

"Steve McNair is like a beat up old car, the next big bump could send it to the sidelines permanently."

"Brett Favre is one year older and the Packers defense has more holes then Swiss cheese."

RB Jamal Lewis spent the summer in prison and QB Kyle Boller makes fans cringe every time he throws the ball.

Good work, man. I would love to disagree with you on the 'Skins season, but I can't, but they've GOT to win more games than San Francisco! And the fact that number 4 pick goes to the Broncos really hurts. Could've had Reggie Bush, Chad Greenway, or D'Brickashaw Ferguson...ouch.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Gimme a break, Broncos in last place????!! I think they'll win the division. And people are giving Arizona way too much credit. They haven't proved anything yet.

Oh yeah, and I love that Colts prediction :D

If Arizona didn't lose to the 49ers last year they would have won the division, and they nearly made the playoffs too.

I like that jersey design in your av.

I like Dallas, Philadelphia, Green Bay, Carolina, New Orleans, Atlanta, and Arizona battling it out for 6 playoff spots. I like Indy, New England, Jets, Baltimore, Oakland, Jacksonville....My Super Bowl Prediction: Baltimore and Carolina

What year you living in?

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

What year you living in?

LOL :D

I don't really agree with the Baltimore pick, but I may be biased. Kyle Boller is underrated IMO. I think he put up solid numbers last season for not having any receivers. The whole season will really depend on how well he does. Remember we won the Super Bowl with a worse offense than this (we didn't score a touchdown something like 7 games in a row.) I think Baltimore will compete for 1st place this season.

Please let the Mike Tice being fired pick be correct.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I don't really agree with the Baltimore pick, but I may be biased. Kyle Boller is underrated IMO. I think he put up solid numbers last season for not having any receivers. The whole season will really depend on how well he does. Remember we won the Super Bowl with a worse offense than this (we didn't score a touchdown something like 7 games in a row.) I think Baltimore will compete for 1st place this season.

Boller is UNDERrated? He's the worst quartback in the league. He's the worst quarterback in the history of the franchise (1996-) and that includes Tony Banks.

It's funny that everyone can justify why their team underperforms (or sucks in the case of my team) - the receivers were terrible or guys got hurt or Mike Tice is our coach. Whatever. It's funny that Donovan McNabb took his sorry ass receiving corps to the NFC championship game 3 years in a row. New England's receivers don't make other GM's drool either. If your quartback sucks, your receivers suck. Simple. Lavernues Coles was on the verge of stardom in New York, yet sucked in DC, why? Because Patrick fluffing Ramsey is terrible.

The Baltimore team that one the SB was supported by one of the greatest 2 or 3 defenses ever, but sorry, this one ain't even close. Trent Dilfer didn't make mistakes, he managed the game, he controlled the tempo, they scored enough to win. Boller is a mistake just waiting to happen, but you're dead on about one thing though, the whole season hinges on Boller.

Good luck with that one.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Boller is UNDERrated? He's the worst quartback in the league. He's the worst quarterback in the history of the franchise (1996-) and that includes Tony Banks.

It's funny that everyone can justify why their team underperforms (or sucks in the case of my team) - the receivers were terrible or guys got hurt or Mike Tice is our coach. Whatever. It's funny that Donovan McNabb took his sorry ass receiving corps to the NFC championship game 3 years in a row. New England's receivers don't make other GM's drool either. If your quartback sucks, your receivers suck. Simple. Lavernues Coles was on the verge of stardom in New York, yet sucked in DC, why? Because Patrick fluffing Ramsey is terrible.

The Baltimore team that one the SB was supported by one of the greatest 2 or 3 defenses ever, but sorry, this one ain't even close. Trent Dilfer didn't make mistakes, he managed the game, he controlled the tempo, they scored enough to win. Boller is a mistake just waiting to happen, but you're dead on about one thing though, the whole season hinges on Boller.

Good luck with that one.

I couldn't agree with you more. No matter hwo good the Ravens defense is, they could carry that kid to the Super Bowl like they did Dilfer. Boller is the next Cade McNown and will probably be out of the league by 2008.

Sorry Baltimore but you're better off cutting your losses and going with Anthony Wright, or whoever their backup is now.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived