Stupidest Base running play ever

NJTank

With Jose Offerman at 1st with 1 out he stayed at 1st on a ground ball up the middle by Kaz Matsui and was out when the CF fielded the ball and forced him out at 2nd. Killing any rally, what is he still doing in the majors any way.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Disguisting is the only way to describe this game. Did you see Castro pick up a ball and toss it over the 1b mans head when he never would have gotten him in a million years, causing a runner to score from first on a dribbler to the catcher? Its amazing how the mets have fallen apart :cry:

nygiantsSig.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

With Jose Offerman at 1st with 1 out he stayed at 1st on a ground ball up the middle by Kaz Matsui and was out when the CF fielded the ball and forced him out at 2nd. Killing any rally, what is he still doing in the majors any way.

Wow. Pretty sucky.

teamsnew2.png

Now you Mets fans know why we called him "Awfulman" when he was in Boston.

The best move the FO ever made was getting rid of him.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Yes he played in teh Atlantic League a few years ago too "I yelled out at him I woudl call you a has been but you never were anything to begin with", I still feel that way.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

You know something that makes me sick? Sometime in the last couple of years, the Royals changed their qualifications for all-time team leaders (assuming so they could get Mike Sweeney on some of those lists), but doing so let Jose Offerman pass George Brett as the Royal with the highest batting average in team history by 2 points. Offerman played a grand total of 3 years in KC, compared to Brett's 21, not to mention Sweeney's 8.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Pinch-hitter Jose Offerman drew a leadoff walk, but Jose Reyes failed to bunt him over and struck out on a high pitch. Kaz Matsui sent Majewski sprawling to the mound with an apparent single to center, but Offerman thought the pitcher caught the ball and broke back to first.

``You've got a second to think about it. You don't have all day,'' Offerman said.

He was easily forced out at second by Wilson, and Carlos Beltran flied out to end the inning.

Source

Now, Offerman will think about it for the rest of his life :D

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

I'll interrupt this Jose Offerman bashing to provide a moment where he did something good.

You might remember Jose Offerman as making the opening day roster for the Phillies. In an early season game at Wrigley, Offerman helped bring the go-ahead run home, when Cub (at the time) pitcher LaTroy Hawkins did something stupid, and managed to throw a ball that glanced off Offerman's helmet for an error.

My facts may not be 100% straight, but you get the general gist.

And realistically, Mets fans, you pick up Pedro and Beltran, and complement those moves with the likes of Roberto Hernandez and Jose Offerman? You sure you guys don't want Rheal Cormier while you're taking Phillies dregs while you're at it?

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Archived