Zephyr Hat With Nike Logo? LSU Coach

iowahoo

Ok so I was watching the end of the LSU-ASU game this weekend in a bar so it wasn't as clear as it could be,. but my memory says I noticed a Zephyr Z where it normally is on their hats in white, the same color as the coach's hat next to a purple Nike swoosh?

Anyone else notice this?

fade.gif

Might be a case where LSU couldn't get the new caps (and I am speculating, I don't know if LSU is getting new coach caps) in time or they got left behind in the confusion in LA, so they sent someone to a store in Tempe to buy all the LSU caps in whatever brand/style for the coaches to wear. They got the Swoosh embroidered on the caps at the last minute because of their merchandise contract.

This sort of thing happens from time to time. I read in that MLB Style Guide that that one guy sells on-line that this sort of thing happened when McGwire went from OAK to STL. McGwire met up in Philadelphia with the team, and the Cards didn't have any jerseys. The Cards uniform guy went to a store at a mall, bought a Cards road jersey, and took it to the shop where the Phils got their stuff customized. They put on the name & numbers (Cards use the standard fonts, so they wouldn't have been hard to get). However, since the replica they bought was not the same brand as the Cards used in games (I think Majestic vs. Russell), the seamstress was told to sew the Jackie Robinson Memorial patch on the sleeve low enough to cover the manufacturer's logo.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

This sort of thing happens from time to time. I read in that MLB Style Guide that that one guy sells on-line that this sort of thing happened when McGwire went from OAK to STL. McGwire met up in Philadelphia with the team, and the Cards didn't have any jerseys. The Cards uniform guy went to a store at a mall, bought a Cards road jersey, and took it to the shop where the Phils got their stuff customized. They put on the name & numbers (Cards use the standard fonts, so they wouldn't have been hard to get). However, since the replica they bought was not the same brand as the Cards used in games (I think Majestic vs. Russell), the seamstress was told to sew the Jackie Robinson Memorial patch on the sleeve low enough to cover the manufacturer's logo.

This happened to Lou Whitaker at the all-star game once. His luggage got lost and he played the game in a souvenir jersey (I'm pretty sure he wrote "Whitaker 1" on the back with a Sharpie), a borrowed glove, and borrowed shoes.

Another time a player for the Philadelphia Wings lacrosse team had to finish a game wearing a fan's jersey because his got ripped during the game and there were no extras.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Kinda funny that they're selling in Baton Rouge a similar style Nike hat and calling it the "Les Miles" hat.

But I always wondered why the LSU on his hat didn't stand up like Nike hats usually do. Now it makes sense.

And Les needs to find a hat that doesn't look like it's riding up on his head every second.

kU6ns.gif

Another time a player for the Philadelphia Wings lacrosse team had to finish a game wearing a fan's jersey because his got ripped during the game and there were no extras.

This reminds me of seeing highlights of a Calgary Flames game back when Theo Fleury played for them. His jersey got bloody (they wore the whites at home at that time), and he couldn't continue playing in it, since it had blood on it. There was some sort of mixup that I don't recall, and they had problems finding a jersey for him. A fan took his own jersey, which had Fleury's name and number on it, and handed it to Fleury. He pulled it on, and was about to play in it, but they noticed that the jersey was autographed, which is apparently an NHL no-no. I think they eventually got a jersey with a different number but no name for him to use the rest of the game (I still don't remember why they didn't have another jersey for him to wear).

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Case closed. According to my boss, Zephyr makes some hats for Nike.

who's your boss? what do you do?

I'm a student equipment manager at Troy University. I told him about Miles wearing a white hat with the "Z" logo beside the Nike swoosh. He told me that was because Zephyr makes some hats for Nike.

I did see it also. I saw it on ESPNEWS later on. I thought it was wierd also. I do know that Nike contracts most of their shirts,hats,sweats,etc. out to other companies with the stipulation that they use the NIKE swoosh logo and not their own. I wonder if this one slipped by?

Like I said

2qluyo7.png

Archived