We are possible witnessing what could possibly be

oz615

And now Ozzie Guillen is saying he may quit after the year

I guess the Pressure is too much this is a choke of epic perportions

Story

Dude, did you even read the story you linked? Guillen said he would quit if they won the World Series and it has nothing to do with if they miss the playoffs. Way to completely misrepresent the story to serve your own agenda...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And now Ozzie Guillen is saying he may quit after the year

I guess the Pressure is too much this is a choke of epic perportions

Story

Dude, did you even read the story you linked? Guillen said he would quit if they won the World Series and it has nothing to do with if they miss the playoffs. Way to completely misrepresent the story to serve your own agenda...

Remember, reading is fundimental :lol:

Yah, I wouldn't blame Guillen for wanting to walk away if they won the whole thing....every athlete worth his or her salt dreams of going out on top.

I don't see Ozzie quitting after something like this...if anything, if the White Sox blow it completely and lose the division, he'd be more fired up to come back and show that he CAN lead a team to the post-season.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I only did what ESPN.com did I didnt fully read it I just read teh healdine and assuemd it was due to teh meltdown, becuase thats the way it appeared on ESPN.com

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well, on one hand maybe he should quit if the Sox don't make the playoffs, save him the embarrassment of facing an angry crowd.

On the other hand, he can prove to the Chicago fans the Sox do have what it takes to play in October after all, and if they do win the World Series, God willing, whatever career path he decides to take would be his decision.

For now, he's on the spot. And so far it looks good, they just won, 3-1.

White Sox win, Tribe lose.

ChiSox lead back to 2.5 games with a week to go.

It's Chicago's division to lose right now. The tribe will have to cool off a little this week. They have won 17 of their last 20. No team can maintain that pace. 6 games to go they'll need to win 5 and get some luck to win the division. Worse yet, they have a "look past them" series with the pesky Devil Rays before the season ender against the White Sox. All the White Sox really need is to play .500 the rest of the way and they win the division.

It's time to get realistic. The Tribe better concentrate on the wildcard. My personal opinion is they peaked a week too soon. I'm not being the typical fatalistic Cleveland fan but at this point they're going to need some help to win the division.

The wildcard is far from a guarantee at this point. It's going to be a very interesting week. :D

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Still nice to know someone agrees with me, that the Sox' "collapse" isn't as big as the Nats' and not so much a collapse as the Tribe playing hot.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=cnns...cnnsi&type=lgns

Nah pal... the Nats had done a very good season... they did more than people expected. The thing is that they are playing in a very tough Division.

If the Nats will win 3 more games, this is a surely dear remembered season for you, Nats fans. :)

I think you have some years more as a contender.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Still nice to know someone agrees with me, that the Sox' "collapse" isn't as big as the Nats' and not so much a collapse as the Tribe playing hot.

Nah pal... the Nats had done a very good season... they did more than people expected. The thing is that they are playing in a very tough Division.

If the Nats will win 3 more games, this is a surely dear remembered season for you, Nats fans. :)

Well I hope you're right...and I do owe you some flannel jersey pics. Hope to get a chance to shoot those soon.

tzch6.jpg

Two comments - White Sox record since August 1: 26-27; Indians since Aug. 1: 37-13.

Second, the Nats haven't collapsed. Go back to the first half, and read every comment about how all those one run wins would eventually catch-up to them. Guess what - it did. 24 one run wins by July 8th (and a 52-34 record). Contrast that with 23 one run losses since then (and a 27-44 record over that stretch). I don't think that's a collapse, I think that's getting lucky early in the year, and running out of luck late...

Moose

This AL playoff chase is really getting good.

How nice would it be if we had a 4-way tie?!?

Get the fork ready for the Indians chances for the division. They lost to Tampa Bay 5-4. The Tribe is 2.5 back with 5 to play. They will need to win them all to take the division. They had a chance to gain ground on everyone tonight and all that happened was everything stayed the same. You have to capitalize on chances like that and they didn't. Barring a truly monumental collapse by the White Sox, tonight probably finished any chance for the Indians to win the division.

They'll probably need to win 4 of the next 5 to win the wildcard. The problem is the Indians started the week with one less game to work with than the other teams in the race.

BB52Big.jpg

Get the fork ready for the Indians chances for the division. They lost to Tampa Bay 5-4. The Tribe is 2.5 back with 5 to play.

The White Sox also lost tonight, so the lead is still 2.0 games.

With the way the Tribe and Sox have been playing lately, it's probably going to come down to the wire.

6uXNWAo.png

This AL playoff chase is really getting good.

How nice would it be if we had a 4-way tie?!?

Get the fork ready for the Indians chances for the division. They lost to Tampa Bay 5-4. The Tribe is 2.5 back with 5 to play. They will need to win them all to take the division. They had a chance to gain ground on everyone tonight and all that happened was everything stayed the same. You have to capitalize on chances like that and they didn't. Barring a truly monumental collapse by the White Sox, tonight probably finished any chance for the Indians to win the division.

They'll probably need to win 4 of the next 5 to win the wildcard. The problem is the Indians started the week with one less game to work with than the other teams in the race.

But if the win 4 of their next 5, they'll likely end up, at worst, tied for the AL Central as well at this point...

Boy, I'd hate to hear your motivational speach to the Indians after last night's loss. "Alright boy's, we had a chance, with the Sox losing to get within a game, but we blew it. Now we got no chance. I know there are still five games left, and three of them are against the Sox, and those games are in our building, and the lead is just two games, but get a fork for us, we're done like dinner!"

Moose

disclamer - I have no vested interest in which team wins out - I am just enjoying the races, with my horse, the Cubs, firmly entrenched on the sidelines... (And no, I don't hate the White Sox - I'm just apathetic towords their existance - in fact, I wasn't aware there was a second MLB team in Chicago until just recently :P )

Boy, I'd hate to hear your motivational speach to the Indians after last night's loss. "Alright boy's, we had a chance, with the Sox losing to get within a game, but we blew it. Now we got no chance. I know there are still five games left, and three of them are against the Sox, and those games are in our building, and the lead is just two games, but get a fork for us, we're done like dinner!"

Moose

First off, I highly doubt I'll ever be delivering any motivational speeches to the Indians so there's no need for me to worry about the tone of my message. I don't think the Indians are monitoring this board to see how I feel about their chances.

Now let me explain my position on the Indians chances. I am going on the assumption that Chicago will not lose their last 5 games and the Indians probably won't win their last 5.

Let's look at the last 5 games. If Chicago goes a very realisitic 3-2 and the Indians go 4-1. Guess what, The Tribe still comes up a game short. If Chicago goes 2-3 the Indians still need to go 4-1 just to tie it. In order for the Indians to win the division Chicago needs to go 1-4 while the Indians go 4-1. Add to that the following. The White Sox are 11-5 vs. The Indians this season. Tampa Bay is 5-3 vs. The Indians this season. The Indians are 19 games above .500 on the road but just 8 games over .500 at home. So tell me, how do you like the Indians chances of winning the division now?

Regarding the wildcard. Anything short of a 4-1 finish puts the Indians in a tough spot in the wildcard. With Boston and New York playing each other it's going to be really tough for the Indians to get in without winning 4 of the last 5.

I'm not being fatalistic at all. Baseball is a numbers game and the numbers aren't liking the Indians very much right now.

That said, there is no one hoping I am wrong more than me.

:D

BB52Big.jpg

Archived