Vikings Purple Jersey

no97

Okay, those of you that have been reading the Counterfeit Scavenger Hunt, Expose the bastards thread might have seen this eBay Vikings jersey, which is obviously a fake. The reason I wanted to start a new thread, however, is to bring up this question: Why not go with this design? I know most people, as voiced in the Minnesota thread, seemed to indicate that the Vikes shouldn't change their uni's at all. To me, this eBay auction illustrates where the Purple could make a subtle change, and not only make their look more unified, as far as the striping, but improve on a classic.

As I said on the Counterfit Scavenger Hunt thread, when I moved to Minnesota in 1997, someone asked me which Vikes jersey I liked more, the purple or white. I said white just because of the shoulder stripes. This purple version of the white is basically what I have in mind... Thoughts?

Moose

Flip the stripes to yellow-white-yellow and I'm sold.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I am a big believer in the alternate jerseys and pants a lot of teams wear. I miss those purple pants from the 70's and I have always wanted to see a yellow jersey with purple. I am old school but like a little variety.....see Detroit Lions blacks!

Actually the purple pants weren't worn after 1964, but point taken.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

the Vikings have the worst shoulder stripes in the league. They look good on Daunte and the recievers but on like the offensive lineman the stripes stop at practically midshoulder. If they fix that then I would be all for these jerseys.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

the Vikings have the worst shoulder stripes in the league. They look good on Daunte and the recievers but on like the offensive lineman the stripes stop at practically midshoulder. If they fix that then I would be all for these jerseys.

You're right. It's unbelievable that these uni companies can't figure out a way to extend the stripes all the way around.

YES! That's how the stripes should look. Funny note - on the bottom left corner of the program cover, it states the event as the "Third World Championship Game." What, the Mogadishu Colts vs. the Bangladesh Jets?

701083004o.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Vikes Road

Just the opposite problem...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived