What should I call my team?

iccomics

What should I call my team from Victoria, BC in a concept i'm planning on doing?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You've got some pretty good choices up there, Tom. However, I really like Navigators. Gotta love the "Navs."

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

After looking at the history of the city I think there is one name that goes above and beyond those traditional nicknames. Victoria is the base of the western Canadian navy, and the fishing, and nautical industries are central to Victoria's and British Colombia's economy. Therefore, I propose that your team be called the Victoria Fleet.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

To be serious for a moment, I voted for Totems. I had the pleasure of visiting Victoria back in 1972. It remains the most beautiful city I have ever been to.

What struck me, though, was seeing the Empress Hotel (I believe that is the name of it), complete with all its very English regalia ... except for totem polls in the front. If you can try and imagine London with totem polls, that's what Victoria looked like to me.

Archived