It Has Began...

MJD802

The Virginia Tech/Georgia Tech game is on and I just saw a DB from Va. Tech wearing the 2 color Nike longsleeve shirt. I can only hope the NCAA will make a rule that both sleeves have to be the same color (I realize this will never happen). This could be the worst looking trend in quite a while.

If I remember right, there's a rule against mirrored visors...

I think it depends on what you mean by 'mirrored'.

15160930.jpg

All visors will reflect some sort of image on them. The ones that are more opaque, 'mirror' things more than the transparent visors.

And I have no problem with multicolored sleeves. Just as long as they aren't rainbow colored.

15160930.jpg

All visors will reflect some sort of image on them. The ones that are more opaque, 'mirror' things more than the transparent visors.

I had heard you actually have to have some kinda eye doctor's permission to use a tinted visor on your helmet, but I dunno if thats just an NFL rule, or for the NCAA too.

6uXNWAo.png

I had heard you actually have to have some kinda eye doctor's permission to use a tinted visor on your helmet, but I dunno if thats just an NFL rule, or for the NCAA too.

Yeah, I think that's the NFL rule, because almost every player on Miami has a visor.

Or maybe, Miami has some really convincing doctors. :P

15160930.jpg

I'd just like to take the time to say that the U should go to that as a primary, and the orange as a secondary, and that their unis kick ass.

The end.

You have to have a medical excuse to wear the tinted visor in both the NFL and college. Anyone at either level may wear a clear, untinted visor. Noone is allowed to wear a "mirrored" visor.

Well obviously, there is no such thing. You can't see through a mirror.

You have to have a medical excuse to wear the tinted visor in both the NFL and college. Anyone at either level may wear a clear, untinted visor. Noone is allowed to wear a "mirrored" visor.

You've never seen mirrored sunglasses?

You're an idiot. I was thinking on a couple of occasions that you were being funny or something, but now I'm convinced, you just don't know anything about anything.

http://oakley.com/o/o2197d

You're an idiot. I was thinking on a couple of occasions that you were being funny or something, but now I'm convinced, you just don't know anything about anything.

http://oakley.com/o/o2197d

I'm sorry, but that's funny as hell. :lol:

Anyway, he's 14, so I wouldn't quite go with idiot, but he doesn't really think his posts through, that's for darn sure...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I was thinking that a mirrored visor would look like a normal hand mirror, but it would have the shape of a visor. I thought it only existed in the new Under armor commercial. I didn't know that things (mirrored sun glasses) and those visors from that oakley.com website were called 'mirrored visors'. They exist. Infact, my first post in this topic contains a 'mirrored visor', I think.

But I think that those are legal if you have a doctor's excuse. Ricky Williams used one I believe.

And to explain the 'You can't see through a mirror.' part, I don't know why I put that in, but it was to mean that you can't see through the reflective side. Should have been more specific about that part, or better yet, not even said it.

But I think that those are legal if you have a doctor's excuse. Ricky Williams used one I believe.

Yeah, he got fined $15,000 for using it instead of a regular tinted visor while he was with the Saints.

And to explain the 'You can't see through a mirror.' part, I don't know why I put that in, but it was to mean that you can't see through the reflective side. Should have been more specific about that part, or better yet, not even said it.

Ye shall think before ye post.

Yeah, he got fined $15,000 for using it instead of a regular tinted visor while he was with the Saints.

Ye shall think before ye post.

But what about the Miami players? They can wear those because they are in just college? Or are those just tinted?

And I shall try to think before me post.

15160930.jpg

The NCAA has relaxed the rules on opaque visors. They only used to allow clear visors, but slightly tinted ones are allowed now. As long as you can see the player's eyes under the helmet, they are allowed.

Up until the rule was relaxed, darker visors were not allowed, even if the player had a medical need for darker tinted ones. But that was changed either this season or last season.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Are there any pics from the game with the 2 colored sleeves?

D.J. Parker with the long sleeves:

11qr.jpg

Roland Minor (#15) appears to be wearing his backwards:

23pe1.jpg

Marcus Vick with one long sleeve:

31wy.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Archived