The New Team Canada uniforms up close...

Roger Clemente

I saw the new Team Canada uniform replicas at the mall today and actually tried them on. I would have bought it, if not for one major drawback...

They look bad.

I didn't have a camera on me, so I did the next best thing, I drew it:

Canada2006.gif

The material itself is thinner than the usual jersey material but tighter and stretchier. For comparison purposes, I tried on a Reebok CHL jersey of the same size on at the same time and the Reebok was much looser fitting. The stripes are actually sewn onto the jerseys, not screenprinted as they seem to appear.

The crests are outlined in gold now, not silver. Also, even though they are replicas, the crests were actually made of the plastic-like tackle twill that authentic crests (and jersey numbers) are made from, not that regular patchboard stuff that replica crests are normally made from.

The mesh that's found in the underarms has smaller holes, but they are closer together (It looks sort of like a butterfly net). The same mesh is also found in a strip on the underside of the cuffs, over the wrists. Why it's there, I'm not sure.

Yes, the Nike Swoosh is below the shoulder panels in the back. Yes, the round extension of the shoulder panels is a separate piece from the rest of the shoulder panel.

That's all I can remember for now. There may have been some other nuances to them. Next time I'll actually try measuring it for an accurate future template.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

That's okay.

Icejerseys.com has them for sale now.

http://icejerseys.com/olympic_jerseys_canada.php

They also have a view of the red and black ones.

If they had a black one in my size at the mall today, I would have bought it.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Team Canada should use the logo on the black jersey as the main logo for the red and white jerseys too. That would look so much better :flagcanada:

My thoughts exactly. They should just switch to the black jerseys. I bought one about 4 years ago...it's still my favorite. As Don vito might say: "Yo, best jersey ever!" :flagcanada:

Those "new" USA jerseys have been areound for at least two years. And, IMO, they aren't bad.

Actually, those jerseys are NOT two years old. They were introduced in December 2004, and were first worn by USA at the World Junior Championships in North Dakota, in December 2004/January 2005. (USA wore the previous jerseys at the 2004 World Cup, in addition to the 1932 replica jersey).

As for the Canada jerseys, I am really starting to like them. In the prototype pictures, the striping wasn't that apparent. In these pictures, they appear to be less plain, and will probably look sharp on pedestrians.

Juventus.png

I want one...I'd like the black one but I already own the regular Team Canada black alt so there would be no point of getting a second one. I dont know if I should get the red or the white... they both look pretty damn good.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Ahhh. I cant stand it when country teams use colors in their unis that arent part of the official colors. Why the gold outline? I say if its not on the flag, dont put it on your country's team jerseys.

some countries have different official colors from what thier flag is

netherlands wears orange

italy wears a light blue

australia wears green and yellow

new zealand wears black

Archived