Best ESPN Afternoon Show

Cujo

What is your favorite ESPN afternoon show?  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wanna know what everyone's problem with Jim Rome is. I think he is one of the most entertaining and witty sports personalities in the business today.

He's an egotistical, know-it-all, loudmouthed, blowhard, jackass...other than that he's cool.

Anyone else think Jim Rome and Stephen A. Smith are the White/Black versions of each other?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I find Stephen A. entertaining, but Quite Frankly isn't on this poll, so I'll cast my vote for PTI. basically, Wilbon and Kornheiser make that show just like you can't have Price is Right w/o Bob Barker

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I wanna know what everyone's problem with Jim Rome is.   I think he is one of the most entertaining and witty sports personalities in the business today.

He's an egotistical, know-it-all, loudmouthed, blowhard, jackass...other than that he's cool.

Would you rather have Romey kiss up to superstars and celebs like Dan Patrick?? I sure as hell wouldn't. That's what makes Rome so great, because he doesn't have to kiss ass to be great at what he does. I cannot stand Dan Patrick because he's always kissing up just to pull off an interview. If Rome is such an a**hole, how come his show has been on ESPN for over 2 years now?

6uXNWAo.png

I wanna know what everyone's problem with Jim Rome is.  I think he is one of the most entertaining and witty sports personalities in the business today.

Would you rather have Romey kiss up to superstars and celebs like Dan Patrick?? I sure as hell wouldn't. That's what makes Rome so great, because he doesn't have to kiss ass to be great at what he does. I cannot stand Dan Patrick because he's always kissing up just to pull off an interview. If Rome is such a a**hole, how come his show has been on ESPN for over 2 years now?

Couldn't agree more. I love Jim Rome. But as I said earlier, I prefer his radio show. Maybe it's just because if I hear the radio show, I already know his thoughts on everything before I even see the show.

I don't understand how people hate Jim Rome, but like Woody Paige. Woody Paige is an absolute idiot. Atleast Jim Rome is actually funny, and doesn't just think he's funny.

IUe6Hvh.png

I wanna know what everyone's problem with Jim Rome is.   I think he is one of the most entertaining and witty sports personalities in the business today.

Would you rather have Romey kiss up to superstars and celebs like Dan Patrick?? I sure as hell wouldn't. That's what makes Rome so great, because he doesn't have to kiss ass to be great at what he does. I cannot stand Dan Patrick because he's always kissing up just to pull off an interview. If Rome is such a a**hole, how come his show has been on ESPN for over 2 years now?

Couldn't agree more. I love Jim Rome. But as I said earlier, I prefer his radio show. Maybe it's just because if I hear the radio show, I already know his thoughts on everything before I even see the show.

I don't understand how people hate Jim Rome, but like Woody Paige. Woody Paige is an absolute idiot. Atleast Jim Rome is actually funny, and doesn't just think he's funny.

I totally agree. The Jungle is even better the Jim Rome Is Buring, but I can tell JRIB is becoming The Jungle the more I watch it, which is just what ESPN needs.

I think to be a fan of JRIB though, you've gotta understand the radio show first. Everyone that hates him either never took time to understand his radio show, or have never even heard the radio show at all and just aren't fresh to his takes since his style is so totally different from your average ESPN host, like Tony Korn-hole.

6uXNWAo.png

DirtyCurly, didn't you post that you wanted to know what problems people had with Jim Rome? I only addressed your request. Don't say you want to know something if you're just going to try dispute whatever answers you get. It's an opinion, take if for what it's worth...nothing.

I listened to Rome's show...twice. He's different (other than Stephen A. Smith), entertaining, and charismatic as hell. However, he's still an egotistical blowhard jackass. Never said I hated him. He's got guts and he calls it like he sees it, but he kisses ass just like everyone else...just not as much as SAS and Patrick.

Speaking of Patrick, he's a bitch. He has no guts and no class. He slams athletes on his radio show, but kisses their asses when they're guests on his sorry assed show. He has to have a fluffing sidekick to make his show even tolerable. Bringing Keith Olbermann to the radio 1 hour a week makes only that 1 hour of his show any good at all. To me, he has no credibility. He doesn't want to report the story, he wants to be the story.

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I totally agree with you on Dan Partick. He made a pretty good Sports Center anchor, but never could make the transition to being a good radio talk show host. It's always about him. I epsecially hate how he puts himself above everyone else. Who give a fluff that he's a member of Auguta?? That show has gotta be the worst radio show on today and the only reason it's still on is because he's ESPN's golden child.

As for Stephen A. Smith, he is very repetitive. You always know what he's gonna say and it was fresh when he first got to ESPN, but now it's just old. Not funny, always critical, and almost always about Philly sports, which nobody cares about. He's good for being an NBA analysist and a Dream Job judge, but ESPN should leave it at that.

And as for myself Greg, It's Curty with a T. Nice to meet ya, hoss. ;)

6uXNWAo.png

I think Stephen A. Smith is the worst interviewer ever. Not because of his questions, but because him and the guest will be having a nice, calm interview, and then Stephen A. Smith will get all excited and speaking entirely too loud out of nowhere. I hate him and his show.

Only person I hate more than Stephen A. Smith is Stuart Scott.

IUe6Hvh.png

I totally agree with you on Dan Partick.  He made a pretty good Sports Center anchor, but never could make the transition to being a good radio talk show host.  It's always about him.  I epsecially hate how he puts himself above everyone else.  Who give a fluff that he's a member of Auguta??  That show has gotta be the worst radio show on today and the only reason it's still on is because he's ESPN's golden child.

As for Stephen A. Smith, he is very repetitive.  You always know what he's gonna say and it was fresh when he first got to ESPN, but now it's just old.  Not funny, always critical, and almost always about Philly sports, which nobody cares about. He's good for being an NBA analysist and a Dream Job judge, but ESPN should leave it at that.

And as for myself Greg, It's Curty with a T.  Nice to meet ya, hoss. ;)

My bizzle dizzle. Next time I'll get it fa shizzle...

Stephen A. is there for ratings. HOWEVER, he offers nothing of substance. People hate him, but they watch. Quite frankly, that's all he needs...

I like Stuart Scott, but he came out of the gate trying too hard to be, "street." Please, no one call him "ghetto," because I would 1) be likely to bitch slap you :D and 2) if someone from the "ghetto" acted like that, he would get his ass stomped on a regular basis! Stuart got his "schtick" on. Look at a more straight laced, more professional brother like Fred Hickman, IMO, the best in the bidness, but Hickman doesn't get the attention.

BTW...the sportscasters are becoming just like the fluffing athletes they cover...ever notice that? And for that you can seriously blame ESPN.

Only person I hate more than Stephen A. Smith is Stuart Scott.

Now, why would that be? :therock:

you're not indirectly playing the race card are you? lol :D

The Problem with Stuart Scott is hes on too much and he does his shtick too much, if he was on less I think I would not hate him as much, but he did the ESPN 25, Drema Job, Every otehr lame Game Show, NFL Mondy Night Countdown, and Sporscenter.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived