OLN HOckey Commercial

ROCHitman

OLN Commercial

(It's one the right hand side)

I think it's lame. The highlights are good, but the chanting is over the top.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Any other Catholics chiming in?

For the non-Catholics out there in TV Land, it is based on the Nicene Creed ("We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of Heaven and Earth..."), which is recited every Sunday at Mass. When the entire congregation does it at the same time, it does sort of sound like a chant. But it is the Catholic Profession of Faith ("Credo" in Latin, which translates as "I believe").

Sorry if I am oversimplifying it for some of you out there, or if I am not shedding new light on it. As a Catholic, I got the allusion they're going for, even if it doesn't translate well in all precincts. And I am officially FLYERED UP all over again. (I'd be more Flyered up if a pair of free seats wound up in my mailbox, but I can be patient on that...)

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Any other Catholics chiming in?

For the non-Catholics out there in TV Land, it is based on the Nicene Creed ("We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of Heaven and Earth..."), which is recited every Sunday at Mass. When the entire congregation does it at the same time, it does sort of sound like a chant. But it is the Catholic Profession of Faith ("Credo" in Latin, which translates as "I believe").

Sorry if I am oversimplifying it for some of you out there, or if I am not shedding new light on it. As a Catholic, I got the allusion they're going for, even if it doesn't translate well in all precincts. And I am officially FLYERED UP all over again. (I'd be more Flyered up if a pair of free seats wound up in my mailbox, but I can be patient on that...)

also recited in Lutheran services.

Sorry if I am oversimplifying it for some of you out there, or if I am not shedding new light on it.  As a Catholic, I got the allusion they're going for, even if it doesn't translate well in all precincts.  And I am officially FLYERED UP all over again.  (I'd be more Flyered up if a pair of free seats wound up in my mailbox, but I can be patient on that...)

Thanks, JF - I did not know that. Any other denominations do this besides those mentioned?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Sorry if I am oversimplifying it for some of you out there, or if I am not shedding new light on it.  As a Catholic, I got the allusion they're going for, even if it doesn't translate well in all precincts.  And I am officially FLYERED UP all over again.  (I'd be more Flyered up if a pair of free seats wound up in my mailbox, but I can be patient on that...)

Thanks, JF - I did not know that. Any other denominations do this besides those mentioned?

doubt it....i grew up catholic, and knew all that stuff by heart. when i met my wife (a lutheran) i went to her church and was pretty surprised that the service was almost exactly like a catholic mass....i guess that's why some call it 'catholic lite'.

I've only heard it in Catholic and Lutheran services myself. I'll ask around and see if anyone else does it. I get the point, and its a decent ad, but I don't know if I'd have gone into a religious light with it.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

I've only heard it in Catholic and Lutheran services myself. I'll ask around and see if anyone else does it. I get the point, and its a decent ad, but I don't know if I'd have gone into a religious light with it.

Maybe the NHL is acknowledging what a lot of pundits are saying: the strike is going to cost the league the casual fan, especially in many of the non-traditional hockey markets. That said, maybe this is the league's way of "preaching to the choir" so to speak. By invoking the religious parallel, they are reaching out to the devoted hockey fan for whom hockey is religion, the fan who'll be there when the strike is over. That was my take, I can't say what they really were thinking.

2007nleastchamps.png

The commercial was okay, but the chant was a little too long.

I'd still rather have the NHL on ESPN or FSN, especially since I can't get the Outdoor Life Network at home or at school. :mad:

This is why you go to the bar.

Wow, I go to mass every week and I didn't even catch the fact that it's supposed to be like the Nicene Creed...(over my head, I guess)

in any event - the commercial's kinda lame...there's gotta to be better way to market the league.

oh wait, there is - that "myNHL" commercial with the chick that Martha Burke's protesting. I like that commercial just because of who it pisses off :D

The Episcopal Church also uses the Nicene Creed. I have not been to a Lutheran service, but have been given to understand that they are very similar to Episcopalian services. There had been some talk about the Lutheran and Episcopal churches in America merging, but I don't think anything ever came of it.

And let's go Blues!

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

Archived