Ohio Bobcats

andrewharrington

As you may or may not know, I attend school at Ohio University, so this one's special. :P After much deliberation, I decided to couple a retro idea with some modern flair. I chose tradition for the Bobcats because we are the oldest and most beautiful :P of the MAC schools. (We are five years older than Miami, founded in 1809, and more than forty years older than SUNY Buffalo, founded in 1846) That's some serious old-ness. I went back to the classic Paw Print logo and completely ditched the Attack Cat. The school has actually prohibited the use of the Paw Print in favor of the Attack Cat now, but not for my concept. :D I updated the Paw Print to modern standards also, so it doesn't look like crap anymore. I've placed the Paw Print on a sleek, all green helmet. I also added the Block OU, since we are the only real OU, (Hear that, University of Oklahoma!?) and the Arch OHIO didn't really fit the style of this concept. I wanted traditional, but I didn't want boring, so I went with a unique twist on standard block, a typeface very similar to the Cardinals' new numbers. I used a simple single stripe on the pants, and finally, I used a thin stripe on the collar, sleeves, and socks of the home uniform to break up a little bit of the green and to give this uniform that "modern vintage" look. Enjoy.

ohio.gif

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

For reference, I guess you can check out my sig. Pretty much the most standard-looking uniforms known to man. Not bad looking, mind you, but very, very classic-looking.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Yeah, using only green and white, it's pretty tough to differentiate them from MSU, especially since I am not a particularly huge fan of white helmets. I tried with the numbers and the piping on the homes, and the pants stripes, but it's pretty futile. I chose not to use tan or gray as an accent color for tradition's sake. That and I couldn't make it look good. :P

You're fast becoming a victim of your own success. You're setting the bar so high that it's going to be harder and harder to top yourself.

You changed everything I don't like about Ohio's present look. Vertical arch letters look bad on football helmets (*ahem* UNLV), and you traded them in. School policy be damned the Paw Print is a definite upgrade, although if there was a major obstacle to it, the serifed "OU" looks great and nothing like Oklahoma's "OU". Closer to Oregon's old "UO" actually, in both style and color.

I'd also check the angle of the paw, but I would say straighten it up.

I loved the KSU and Toledo sets - hell, I loved them all - but these are as good if not better than the others.

Unbelievable.

:notworthy:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Those look great and would look really nice on the field. Some shoulder stripes might look good.

Can't wait to see Buffalo!

And can't forget Akron, Miami, Ball State, Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Northern Illinois, and Western Michigan.

buffalo_sig.png

Nice treatment! I love the simplicity and the sticking to traditional colors and style. I am a an alum of Akron University (another MAC school) and I have seen the Bobcats play a number of times against us over the years and I feel your concept is as nice as any uniform I have seen them wear!

Nice Job and

GO ZIPS!

Tempest:

Very nice work. I was a grad student at OU from Sep 2003 to Dec 2004. The paw print logo on the helmet is a huge improvement. Neither the OHIO wordmark nor the cat's face logo do anything for me. This is, as you said, a nice mix of classic and modern. Very clean look.

Have a beer at The Union. You deserve it.

Archived