Texas Vs. Oklahoma

rainmaker17

Big game on Saturday: The 100th 'Red River Rivalry' (try saying that five times fast). Texas, as you probably know, has lost the last five. This year UT is a legitimate number two in the country, and OU has lost several key players from last years team. Texas is favored by 13 1/2. Having said that, this one of those 'anything can happen' games. It doesn't seem to matter who is ranked where, ask either side.

Here goes....Texas wins 31-14. In previous years the Longhorns have seemed tight leading up to the Cotton Bowl, and I just don't sense that this year. As long as they don't underestimate a dangerous Sooner team (who would LOVE to derail UT's title hopes) the curse will be reversed.

Hook 'Em!

newsig.jpg

This is played in Dallas every year, right. My comment is that they should get the biggest conference game of the year for each school (I assume) ON CAMPUS!

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

OnWis97-

That is a HUGE debate around here. Most in Austin would like to see the game stay in Dallas. It's a great tradition. Sure, the Cotton Bowl is a dump, but it is situated in the Texas Fair grounds (which is going on now), so win or lose everyone spills into the fair to keep the party going. Nothing like a beer and a Fletcher's corny dog after ax TX-OU game. Plus Dallas is exactly in beween Norman and Austin, and both schools, for the most part, seem to like the arrangement.

newsig.jpg

For some reason, I just see the Longhorns taking out like 5 years worth of frustration and hang half a hundred on the Sooners...I know I'll be way off and look like an idiot, but here goes nothing:

Texas 52, Oklahoma 17

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

im an oklahoma fan but from what i've seen this year i'd have to say texas is gonna kick the sooners a$$es.

p.s. i love watching vince young play, he is amazing.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

Big game on Saturday: The 100th 'Red River Rivalry' (try saying that five times fast).

Red River Rivalry is tough to say. That's probably why everyone calls this game The Red River Shootout. :D

I gotta pull for the Sooners even though I think The Longhorns are gonna win big.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

OnWis97-

That is a HUGE debate around here. Most in Austin would like to see the game stay in Dallas. It's a great tradition. Sure, the Cotton Bowl is a dump, but it is situated in the Texas Fair grounds (which is going on now), so win or lose everyone spills into the fair to keep the party going. Nothing like a beer and a Fletcher's corny dog after ax TX-OU game. Plus Dallas is exactly in beween Norman and Austin, and both schools, for the most part, seem to like the arrangement.

As a big 10 guy, I am glad Michigan and OSU don't play in Cleveland every year.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived