Chargers in Powder Blues Monday Night

SoxSteeler

Sweet.

If I win the lottery tomorrow, I'd buy the Chargers and change their uniforms to powder blues. Not bring back the throwbacks as their full time uniform, but keep the exact same design they have right now only replace the navy blue with powder blue. Beautiful.

Sweet.

If I win the lottery tomorrow, I'd buy the Chargers and change their uniforms to powder blues. Not bring back the throwbacks as their full time uniform, but keep the exact same design they have right now only replace the navy blue with powder blue. Beautiful.

And by beautiful, you mean awful.

Actually, it might not be so bad, if the colours aren't all washed out like they were back in the day, and if they never, ever, ever, ever, put the numbers on the helmets again like some bush league outfit.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Sweet.

Actually, it might not be so bad, if the colours aren't all washed out like they were back in the day, and if they never, ever, ever, ever, put the numbers on the helmets again like some bush league outfit.

Except that nearly every team has numbers on their helmet.

I'm fairly sure you knew what I meant, dorkass.

But, in case it really needs clarification... the big numbers on the side of the helmet.

Better? :P

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Sweet.

Technically, you're right. But not everybody uses numbers as a focal design element for their helmets, either. I can't think of anybody else in the NFL who currently does it.

QPR%20Sig.png

I don't know - I think the numbers on the Steelers' helmets are pretty prominent.

If no other team puts them on the side, that's because the Chargers' helmets are unique in their design and that's the only place they could put them.

I don't think that detail makes the Chargers' throwbacks look any more bush-league than the stripe on the Broncos' helmets makes them look bush-league.

I'm not sure if you can put much stock in graphics like this, but the graphic that MNF has with the big computer animated players crashing into each other had the Chargers player in the throwbacks...

i provided a link to the article, i wasn't baseing anything on the graphic.

I don't know - I think the numbers on the Steelers' helmets are pretty prominent.

If no other team puts them on the side, that's because the Chargers' helmets are unique in their design and that's the only place they could put them.

I don't think that detail makes the Chargers' throwbacks look any more bush-league than the stripe on the Broncos' helmets makes them look bush-league.

That's kind of a stretch. Sure, they're displayed up front, but they're not as prominent as the number below the lightning bolt on the Chargers helmet.

QPR%20Sig.png

As long as they only wear them once a year I don't mind. I love the helmets personally. I just am not a big fan of the powder blue. The white on white is nice though. Wouldn't mind seeing that every now and then. The numbers on the side of the helmets isn't much worse than Alabama U. In fact I think it looks better.

There are plenty of teams with bush-league looks. Bengals shoulder stripes, Broncos stripe, Seahawks all blue, Cardinals weird new unis, new Giants whites, etc. This certainly isn't among the worst of them.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Sweet.

the Alabama Crimson Tide is a bush league outfit?

Sweet.

Anyone else see the irony in this statement coming from a guy with a powder blue and yellow Minnesota Thunder logo in his sig?

Why do numbers on the helmet make it look bush league?

Let's just say, Mockba don't like bush

leagues.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived