Keith Jackson - Whoa Nelly!

ebod39

Just felt like saying that Keith Jackson is

the best play-by-play announcer in football, college or pro.

I relish the west coast games that actually make it on the

east coast feeds here and we get to hear him. I tuned into the Texas-Oklahoma game

a few weeks ago and he was as sharp as a tack. Rapidfire stats, names and anecdotes

just flying off the top of his head. He's all business and knows when to stay quiet and knows

when he does speak he actually says something worthwhile, not just filling air.

I would love to hear him do a Super Bowl, he makes Joe Buck sound like Joe Dirt.

just my 2¢

Just felt like saying that Keith Jackson is

the best play-by-play announcer in football, college or pro.

I relish the west coast games that actually make it on the

east coast feeds here and we get to hear him. I tuned into the Texas-Oklahoma game

a few weeks ago and he was as sharp as a tack. Rapidfire stats, names and anecdotes

just flying off the top of his head. He's all business and knows when to stay quiet and knows

when he does speak he actually says something worthwhile, not just filling air.

I would love to hear him do a Super Bowl, he makes Joe Buck sound like Joe Dirt.

just my 2¢

Al-a-BAM-a!!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

he makes Joe Buck sound like Joe Dirt.

Who doesn't??

Brad Nessler

I'll take Nessler over Joe Buck, anyday.

There actually is someone worse that Joe Buck though, and that man is NLCS play-by-play man Thom Brennaman. This guy is always calling people by the wrong name. Absolutely deadful!

6uXNWAo.png

There are plenty worse tahtn Joe Buck. Its when Joe Buck gets paird with Troy Aikman or Tim McCarver he turns into complete useless crap. Mainly McCarver. Without those guys he's not bad. One man's opinion.

"Whoa, Nellie, we have ourselves a barn-burner here today! Welcome to

the 117th dust-up between the Snortin' Swine of Springfield A&M and

the Springfield University Nittany Tide. Ho, ho, doctor, break out

the hickory switch!"

Only fault of Keith Jackson is he is WSU Cougar...

but seriously, Jackson should do the National Championship game and Superbowl.

MLB needs to bring back Vin Scully and Joe Garagilor, Sr for the NLCS and WS.

If you like the NBA you should catch Kevin Calabro, at times he gets called in for the playoffs by TNT and other networks. He should be doing the NBA Championship series.

FOXSPORTS is the worst.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

And to think, when MNF began, they said that Jackson was not good enough for Cossel & Dandy Don. Keith Jackson is really Mr. College Football and his voice can not be matched on the college gridiron.

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

no one is worse than Tim "isn't it ironic?" McCarver.

Tim McCarver. Master of the obvious. McCarver read too many of Rudy Martzke's old columns where Martzke said McCarver did a great job of explaining the game to unknowledgeable fans and it went to his head. Hey Tim, we get it, if the batter hits a fly ball and a fielder catches it before it hits the ground the batter is out. Thanks for the insight.

BB52Big.jpg

no one is worse than Tim "isn't it ironic?" McCarver.

Tim McCarver. Master of the obvious. McCarver read too many of Rudy Martzke's old columns where Martzke said McCarver did a great job of explaining the game to unknowledgeable fans and it went to his head. Hey Tim, we get it, if the batter hits a fly ball and a fielder catches it before it hits the ground the batter is out. Thanks for the insight.

BB52Big.jpg

"They used to keep the 'Tusc' in cages, but now the Tuscaloosa. Howdy everybody, Keith Jackson live from Legion Field in Birmingham, Alabama where this afternoon the Alabama Crimson Tide and the Auburn Tigers prepare to do battle in a good, old-fashioned SEC donnybrook."

"Woooooaaahhhh, Nelly! It is tougher to bring that young man down then it is to coil a garden hose in December."

"They used to keep the 'Tusc' in cages, but now the Tuscaloosa. Howdy everybody, Keith Jackson live from Legion Field in Birmingham, Alabama where this afternoon the Alabama Crimson Tide and the Auburn Tigers prepare to do battle in a good, old-fashioned SEC donnybrook."

"Woooooaaahhhh, Nelly! It is tougher to bring that young man down then it is to coil a garden hose in December."

I can hear him in my head and I am laughing out loud here at home...alone.

Archived