MN Vikings Road Uni's Concept

stadiumboy

IMHO, it's a big step backward from what they have now.

My issues:

- contrast-colored yoke: leave that for the Arena league and lower college teams. It doesn't look "NFL" here, and doesn't for the Bills and Cards, either.

- standard Varsity Block numbers with an ultra-modern design is jarring and looks like one element wasn't supposed to be on the concept if the other is there.

- a 3rd Viking head logo beneath the neck is a double violation; for one, we don't need the same logo on the jersey a third time; for two, furthering the spread of the back-of-the-neck logo theme is just blecch.

- purple and gold is a killer combo; it's worked for the Vikings and Lakers for decades. It carries a regal air with it. But other than number outlining and a thin pants stripe, the gold is gone. But yet there are white collars, white accents on the undersides of the sleeves, and white TV numbers (which are in a font different from your main jersey numbers). How about some gold on the socks, or the TV numbers... somewhere?

Like I said, it's not something I'd want to see the Vikes in. It's well-executed, but I don't like the overall design. Not for the Cards, not for the Vikings. Sorry.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

It's lacking in "the yellow department". I'm not digging the purple shoulders. I just don't think they work in general(i.e. Cards, Bills, Titans). It's very "purple topheavy", for the lack of a better term. Yellow numbers might fix that problem a bit. You also have two different number fonts. Although you have 2 different number styles, I don't think either work that well. Between the two, I like the shoulder numbers. It's a good start, but there's some work to be done.

anything is better than their current roads......

I LOVE their current roads. Best roads in the league, IMHO. I would rather they model their homes to look like the roads...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I LOVE their current roads.  Best roads in the league, IMHO.  I would rather they model their homes to look like the roads...

It's too bad, because I've started to associate the whites with losing since we can't win on the road.

Untitled-1.png

I LOVE their current roads. Best roads in the league, IMHO. I would rather they model their homes to look like the roads...

:notworthy:

Bravo, good sir. And I concur.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived