Brand new HOCKEY template preview:

StPatty33

Well crap. When I try to go legacy and save it to Ill 8, it deletes all the hidden paths (all the different collar types etc), so I'll have to show everything and then save it--but worst of all, it ungroups EVERYTHING. There are just thousands and thousands of paths in one big group now.

I'll get everyone a version for 8 and up, but it'll take some time, unfortunately!

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fantastic template man. It was very easy to use. The only problem I can notice is somehow my stick got really jagged on the edges but thats probably because I'm a novice and screwed something up.

Edit: I just realized the gopher in the logo wears gold gloves while my guy wears maroon. Oh well.

gopherhockey.png

Looks great, man! Glad to hear the template's fairly easy to use.

spacer.png

you know what would be really nice and put activity into these? If these were the templates on chris' site for the nhl. That would be utterly awesome. You should talk to him about doing it.

I certainly wouldn't mind that at all, especially once it's completed. If you see him around point him to the thread, would ya :P

spacer.png

It's giving me a strange corruption quote, and when I open the file, every object is grouped together on the same layer (layer 3, I think).

It might be an issue with my Illustrator. I'm not sure.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

It's giving me a strange corruption quote, and when I open the file, every object is grouped together on the same layer (layer 3, I think).

It might be an issue with my Illustrator. I'm not sure.

they are all grouped together in layer 3, but they should be split up into deeper layers after that, all of them named and easy to navigate. I dunno about the corruption layer.

As I said you really need to navigate this template in the layers menu. Select each object by clicking on the box in it's layer, not by clicking on the actual object. You could do that if you use the white arrow instead of the black, but it's easier just to use the layers for all handling.

spacer.png

I know people hate these, but you deserve it man.

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Awesome job! I wonder what you'd be able to whip up for baseball, basketball, and football.

Thanks again for the praise peeps. Just tryin to fill a need in the concept template area.

I think the football one that was originally WA designs' is certainly good enough that another doesn't need to be made--and rmered has (I think he finally got it anyway) a super-great baseball one that he just used in a Titans-MLB concept.

Not sure if there's a detailed basketball one out there... that might need to be done *shrugs*

spacer.png

This is really quite amazingly done.

Terrific work!

I must add though, that the arms look to short. Particularly his right (our left).

Arms hanging to the side with fingers extended nearly reach a man's knee(about 4" away) . So I'd either make it clear his arms are bent in some way holding the stick, or extend them ever so slightly.

Seems nitpicky but I can see this template getting used a LOT. Might as well get it right.......right?

Again, awesome though.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Also just wanted to make it clear for people that missed the 2nd page--

A test version of this template is up and ready to go, please use it if you like and give me some feedback on it, eh!

TEMPLATE GOODNESS

(this is the same link that's on pg 2, nothing new if you've already got it)

If anyone knows of a more universal file type to save it in as well (I always just use .ai), let me know.

spacer.png

This is really quite amazingly done.

Terrific work!

I must add though, that the arms look to short.  Particularly his right (our left).

Arms hanging to the side with fingers extended nearly reach a man's knee(about 4" away) .  So I'd either make it clear his arms are bent in some way holding the stick, or extend them ever so slightly.

Seems nitpicky but I can see this template getting used a LOT.  Might as well get it right.......right?

Again, awesome though.

I'd noticed that a little too. I think I just need to put some more shading in an elbow area so the arms look more bent. I'm definitely striving to make this the be-all-end-all of hockey templates, so I want it to be as perfect as possible. Thanks for the feedback!

spacer.png

I'll re-up it. It's actually too big to eMail (2.6 mgs, 2mg email limit *shakes my fist*) Be right back!

Hmm, it's still working for me on the megaupload site, but I'll put up an alternate just in case.

K, did another site, just in case:

BACK-UP TEMPLATE GOODNESS

spacer.png

The Bobcats used a basketball one very similar to this for their presentation on the logo.

The MLB style guide also uses a very similar one.

I've seen a football one that uses the baseball guy's head.

This Hockey one pretty much matches up perfect with them. Although I typically create my own (nothing against anyone, if I can do it myself, I'm going to :D) but its excellent work.

Archived