Brand new HOCKEY template preview:

StPatty33

Final for the night:

HT5.png

-Put on a head thanks to rmered (though I'll set it up so it's optional)

-finished up the shorts

-finished socks and right glove

I still need to finish the skates, make a helmet, and work with some head/collar layering junk. After all that, it's on to the back, eh.

PS- My favorite part is the tape around the socks *nods*

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just need to do some detail on the skates still, and make a helmet:

HT6.png

Also, if you can think of some other hockey brands that I need to include let me know, eh!

*if you hadn't seen it before, this is my alternate Avalanche logo I created, on my away jersey concept for them.

spacer.png

-Put on a head thanks to rmered (though I'll set it up so it's optional)

-finished up the shorts

-finished socks and right glove

I still need to finish the skates, make a helmet, and work with some head/collar layering junk. After all that, it's on to the back, eh.

PS- My favorite part is the tape around the socks *nods*

In that uniform my favorite part is the tape too!! :)

Looking great St P.

It's funny seeing that head on a hockey player.

He usually looks like this:

AFL-Template-Player.gif

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

some other hockey brands are Mission,Nike,and Eagle(Gloves)

Thanks, I'll see what I can scrounge up, eh.

There're a couple I haven't been able to find vector versions of yet (Sherwood, ProPlayer, WinnWill [i think?]). If anyone knows where I can round these up, I'd appreciate it!

spacer.png

I appreciate everyone's C&C, it'll help create a better template for everyone.

I forgot to toss reebok on there because I knew I already had it in WA's football template--it'll be in the final.

I certainly plan on doing the back, and posssssibly a side. I'm just dreading drawing the back of the skates for some reason *shrugs*

As soon as I get the helmet done I'll send everyone who wants it a preliminary version--I know a couple of you are chomping at the bit to play with it. I want to try and make all the layering and stuff as user friendly as an in-depth template possibly can be, so it'll probably be several days 'til the whole thing's done.

Thanks again for the feedback everyone!

spacer.png

Here's the final preliminary-ready-for-beta-testing-if-that's-what-you-wanna-call-it version:

HTF1.png

What file type do you all want me to save it as? I use Illustrator CS2--let me know how old a version you want me to save it as and what file extension. For right now, here's the CS2 .ai version (it should work with many older ones too *shrugs*)

TEMPLATE GOODNESS!

*warning* in a template this complex you MUST use the layers toolbox. I'm sure most of you already do, and I tried to make it as user-friendly as possible--locking everything non-essential etc., but you won't get any decent results w/out it, eh. Also remember that I have a white masking around the whole thing, so you can have numbers and even fill patterns go off the edge of the player and it'll still look perfect. It makes creating concepts MUCH easier.

There are a couple time-consuming things I still need to do--most notably setting up a fill pattern for each and every fairly standard jersey style. Again, this is an early early version for those that want to mess with it. There should be a final version done and available within a week or so.

Anyone that uses it please PM me some feedback, or put it on here in this thread if you want. Good luck, and long live hockey!

spacer.png

Just wanted to test the ease-of-use factor. This took me about five minutes to do, counting the time it took to find the toronto logos on my mess of a computer, lol:

quickleafs.png

Just an idea I had for a leafs alternate awhile back. Didn't toss any number on or anything--again I was just testing the template.

spacer.png

Fantastic template man. It was very easy to use. The only problem I can notice is somehow my stick got really jagged on the edges but thats probably because I'm a novice and screwed something up.

Edit: I just realized the gopher in the logo wears gold gloves while my guy wears maroon. Oh well.

gopherhockey.png

Untitled-1.png

I believe Rbk bought out CCM, so they no longer exist. GREAT template!

Edit: Need help PLEASE! I use Illustrator 8.0 and when I try to open the file, all that shows are the corner logos. None of the hockey guy template shows help. Please give me some advice, as I'm new to Illustrator!

great template...what about a visor for the helmet? just a thought.

I was plannin' on whipping one up today : )

I'll make a backwards compatible one that should work perfectly with 8... I hope? Stay tuned

spacer.png

Archived